Thread: Mudroc studs falling off

Mudroc studs falling off

Bought a pair of Mudroc 290s a month ago. I've only use them 4 times and already 4 studs on one shoe are hanging off. Is this common or is it a duff shoe?

Super Moderator

Re: Mudroc studs falling off

Quote Originally Posted by cotswoldrunner View Post
    Bought a pair of Mudroc 290s a month ago. I've only use them 4 times and already 4 studs on one shoe are hanging off. Is this common or is it a duff shoe?
    Suggest you take them back to where you bought them. Sounds like a duff pair, assuming you've not been running up a live volcano or over a bed of nails...
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I'd take them back if I were you. I'm sure you could get a refund/exchange. My studs broke away from my Mudclaws and INOV8 Insider suggested I take them back but when I stopped and worked out how old they were, how many times I'd used them and the terrain, I thought it was probably wear and tear and decided not to.

A month old and four runs suggests you've got a faulty pair.

Send them back. I had same problem August last year tops where like new but loads of studs dropped off after a few runs out they where sent back to Inov-8 and replace with a new pair.

How bizarre, my Mudroc 290 uppers wore out, punched toe holes through, the soles just wore down. Good all round trainers though, if you only have one pair they are or were as good as any.
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

I've had lots of inov with no issues but my 5month old 290 have now lost 8 on the left and 2 on the right. What's strange with mine is that its perfectly smooth underneath where I would expect it to be rough if it had been cut off with rocky terain. Anyway I mailed inov 8 and they said send them back so I will wait and see. The uppers look perfect still.

Is this common or is it a duff shoe?
    Perhaps I've just been luckless with Inov-8s, but shedding studs (even from first use) sounds pretty normal to me.

Well they arrived back at the shop yesterday and ive been issued a credit note. They said it looked like air bubbles had formed in manufacturing.
    Im happy.

same happened with mine: smooth underneath like it wasn't an integral part of the sole. Just had a call from the shop to tell me I'm getting a new pair (so I should think). I hope these are OK because I like the shoes: grip and stability are excellent and wore them for 4 hours in the Black Mountains with no rubbing or rolling.