Thread: PBR attempt June 18th

PBR attempt June 18th

Hot-footing it down from Penrith (after Linda's successful BGR) I had two days of clag and drizzle on the Welsh hills hoping to further my limited knowledge of the PBR lines gleaned from earlier years of generally wandering around the fells and more recent swotting up on the notes from other people's attempts. Training was good, route options were hard to see!

Two of us from Eden Runners (Penrith) are hoping to translate Cumbrian training into a Welsh adventure and have a bash at the PBR on Saturday 18th June - probably starting very early Saturday morning (1 a.m.) in Llanberris.

Any help with the navigation and pacing would be most welcome (especially the Moelwyns & the Hebog leg - but all offers gratefully received). Transport, car shuttles etc all sorted. If you might be interested please reply here or p.m. Happy running! Dave Sargent

Senior Member Happy on the hills's Avatar

Re: PBR attempt June 18th

Hi Dave. What a perfect excuse to come back up this is. I'd love to help you out on either sections. The hebog sections i'm 100% sure of. The moelwyns i'm more 98% sure. I did it last year, so i've reccied it enough! I was very lucky with the weather which helps enormously. I will still check the diary, but i'm pretty sure i'm free. Speak soon.

Hi Dave,
    Good to meet you last weekend on BG support, Unfortunately cannot help out but good luck for June PBR.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Happy on the hills View Post
    Hi Dave. What a perfect excuse to come back up this is. I'd love to help you out on either sections. The hebog sections i'm 100% sure of. The moelwyns i'm more 98% sure. I did it last year, so i've reccied it enough! I was very lucky with the weather which helps enormously. I will still check the diary, but i'm pretty sure i'm free. Speak soon.
    Excellent news! You'll be most welcome. Probably best to email me direct at [email protected] and let me have your phone etc details so we can make arrangements etc fairly soon. Thanks for the reply. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Hi Dave,
    Good to meet you last weekend on BG support, Unfortunately cannot help out but good luck for June PBR.
    Ken
    Ken - good to share Leg 5 with so many people - thanks for the nav. & natter. Cheers for this. Support is gathering and advice is coming in steadily! Dave

Cool Re: PBR attempt June 18th

Hi Dave,

Oooo found the thread As you know I'm in assuming my body has held together from the 2 weeks previous

Cheers
    Moi

Hi again ... sorry, but I am being a bit dim here trying to figure out who is who and not quite knowing what people's (real or forum) names are! I have been gathering email contatcs for various people up for joining us on PBR on June 18th. I suspect, from other emails, that you are doing PBR on June 4th ... but I may have got it completely muddled up - are you on the ramsey Round that weekend?

starting to gather a rough schedule with names, phones and emails now... let know your contact details if possible; I'd hate to leave anyone out of such an excellent adventure!

Best to contact me on direct email: [email protected]

All the best for which ever event it is that will need your body to hold together!

Cheers for now,
    Dave