Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dungeon Ghyll fell race

Re: New dungeon ghyll

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    Have you used x-talons on any really steep stuff yet? I need a new pair of shoes but will probably go for 330s again.
    Hmmmm, I havent really done any mentally steep races...but on the three shires, descending down west side edge (think its called that) down to the three shires stone.....I had a really brain off brakes of moment and they kept me upright beautifully!

The initial grip you get from them when they are brand new is untrue!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    Have you used x-talons on any really steep stuff yet? I need a new pair of shoes but will probably go for 330s again.
    They will be good for BOFRA Al but, you may need the grip of the mudclaw if Teds running well and looking from Lothersdale he is going well, Ted came down Wasdale fine in talons but he is the best descender in fell running by far.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Anyone else joining me?
    I've had my eye on this ever since i saw it, looks like a real stinger , glad it doesn't follow the tourist path up to the tarn as it's awful. That fellside is really steep in places i should imagine it'll be like doing Causey Pike twice or therabouts...ooh i'm all excited now!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    They will be good for BOFRA Al but, you may need the grip of the mudclaw if Teds running well and looking from Lothersdale he is going well, Ted came down Wasdale fine in talons but he is the best descender in fell running by far.
    Il debate that-Ian Holmes
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    Il debate that-Ian Holmes
    I were talking to Tes at Lothersdale and he says one year at kettlewell, Mark croasdale, Ted and Ian pulled away from the field and on the descent (Rough and rocky) Ted and mark left Ian, and then Ted went onto beat Mark.. Oh yeah forgot to say Ted was still drunk doing this from the night before. He was also saying everytime hes beat holmsey is on the descent.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

I might have a bash at this... my first fell race.
    Geoff Clarke

...Anyone else joining me? The record suggests this is going to hurt!
    Didn't see you there Al?
    You all miss'd a real treat of a classic, steep, technical fell race. I would class this'un as a REAL fell race (but we won't go into that).
    The Langdale valley was eerily devoid o'Bank 'oliday plebs..prob due to the wet weather..bring on the rain I say!
    Shame th'organisers only managed to attract 25 or so runners as all the proceeds were goin' to CAFOD.
    Don't get me 'rong..I prefer races wi' small numbers o'runners as it all feels much more friendly..plus it looks good ont'results (sick I finished 11th and not inside the first 10 (al'as nice to see one's name int'fellrunnin' mag)..but these days 25 runners seems a poor turnout.
    BOFRA manage to attract 60 plus seniors regularly these days so come on chaps 'n chapesses..WHERE WERE YOU?
    £1 to park in the field in front of the New DG..£4 entry included some nice hot food, much appreciated in the cool wet weather.
    The Achille Ratti guys are a reet good bunch to deal wi'.
    'opefully the race will be held again next year so put it in your diary.

ps..well done to Mike Robinson for winning (sub 40 mins) followed by Sam Watson a minute later..both well inside the old record. And Ambleside's Jane Reedy smash'd the lady's record by over 15 mins!

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Didn't see you there Al?
    You all miss'd a real treat of a classic, steep, technical fell race. I would class this'un as a REAL fell race (but we won't go into that).
    The Langdale valley was eerily devoid o'Bank 'oliday plebs..prob due to the wet weather..bring on the rain I say!
    Shame th'organisers only managed to attract 25 or so runners as all the proceeds were goin' to CAFOD.
    Don't get me 'rong..I prefer races wi' small numbers o'runners as it all feels much more friendly..plus it looks good ont'results (sick I finished 11th and not inside the first 10 (al'as nice to see one's name int'fellrunnin' mag)..but these days 25 runners seems a poor turnout.
    BOFRA manage to attract 60 plus seniors regularly these days so come on chaps 'n chapesses..WHERE WERE YOU?
    £1 to park in the field in front of the New DG..£4 entry included some nice hot food, much appreciated in the cool wet weather.

ps..well done to Mike Robinson for winning (sub 40 mins) followed by Sam Watson a minute later..both well inside the old record. And Ambleside's Jane Reedy smash'd the lady's record by over 15 mins!
    Aye, shame to miss it.

Had trouble with my stomach all week and it was dodgy this morning.

It was a club champ so there should have been a fair few Harriers out of the 25.

...It was a club champ so there should have been a fair few Harriers out of the 25.
    Aye lad..I think the Preston lot outnumbered the Wharfedalers today. Get well soon AF.

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Didn't see you there Al?

I'v got to agree it was a tremendous race, even with the cloud down. I'll certainly be there next year.