Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kit Check

Kit Check

I dont often import trash form bookface but this was too good to resist!

https://www.captiongenerator.com/154...UNFXE.facebook
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

funnily enough, it came about as after a race this weekend people were complaining about the number of people with no kit, despite it being requested. I think defining this as "whining" is a bit insulting.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Reminded me of Ian Dark Peak at Edale Skyline

Satire is nothing without insult!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    funnily enough, it came about as after a race this weekend people were complaining about the number of people with no kit, despite it being requested. I think defining this as "whining" is a bit insulting.
    Presumably - Breidden Hills? There was definitely a statement on the need to carry kit by the RO before the off but I then overtook a guy going up Moel y Golfa with none.
    There were a few runners (mostly from a local road club) without kit at last year's Wrekin Wrecker too.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I dont often import trash form bookface but this was too good to resist!

https://www.captiongenerator.com/154...UNFXE.facebook
    One of the fascinating incidents this weekend was at Langdale: where one of the helpers of the victim (quite seriously injured falling from the bad step) - that helper said on facebook that 'someone in the car park asked him if he could borrow trousers "just to pass the kit check"' (which rightly got a shirty answer no). Amazing, the message still has not got through
    Last edited by Oracle; 15-10-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Master
    I did think it was only a matter of time before someone came to grief on the Bad Step - hence, on other threads, my enthusiasm for and descriptions of the best way to avoid it.

I'm not fit to run in races with mandatory kit at the moment, but working on it

But a few years back at Sedbergh Hills, a bloke unbuckled his bumbag and passed it to a spectator on the way up the first climb, and I understand he collected it on the final decent, although that information was passed on to me, as he had pulled a way in front of me, no doubt due to the lighter weight
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I did think it was only a matter of time before someone came to grief on the Bad Step - hence, on other threads, my enthusiasm for and descriptions of the best way to avoid it.
    I agree with you on that. Indeed I think the bypass west that leads to the track that passes below the step is actually faster than the step so I am suprised the racing snakes don't do that as a matter of course. Wainwrights descending traverse is easy (although care is needed) from before the step if it is backed up and takes no longer. Even the hole by the chockstone is bigger than it looks, although a little on the muddy side!

It is only a couple of years since someone came in with a bump the size of an egg from going headlong. That could easily have resulted in cranial bleed with horrendous potential if not recognised soon enough.
    Last edited by Oracle; 15-10-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    A wide arc on the west avoiding the highest Crinkle is, if not quicker, obviously far safer. There's a bit of boulder hopping but a grassy line is possible in places. Definitely my preference and has the added benefit of of avoiding the crowds on a busy day.