Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Doping row continues

Re: Doping row continues

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    So how did the most frequent and rigerously tested man in sport ever go undetected?
    He was a clever athlete. The team and Lance would have known how much you could take without flagging a positive test. One step ahead of the testers.
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

So how did the most frequent and rigerously tested man in sport ever go undetected?
    Who says he is "the most frequent and rigerously tested man in sport"?

To the best of my knowledge this information is not public. So if he does know then how? Who's he got on the inside of WADA to tell him this?

Quite... I have never thought he was clean. Doping and the cycling sport are one, alas... I am under no illusion... I race a bit myself and know a few ex pro's and pro's... and there is this unspoken thing going on... they all do and did more or less, as it is impossible to sustain what is demanded of your body at that level of racing... I can't believe Lance did what he did in a peloton of dopers without doping himself...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Not sure why all the doping issues have changed your love for the sport, after all it's always been a problem. Or did you just prefer it when it was a given that everyone took speed so it was ok?
    For me, doping is the reason I've never taken to cycling and I just don't get the attraction of watching a bunch of druggies on a bike? Athletic competition should be about pushing the limits of the Human body, not extending them through artificial methods

The difference berween doping now and back in the days before EPO/HGH is that in those days clean riders like Mottet and Lemond could still compete and win. Drugs now can transform a rider from domestique to Tour winner e.g Riis.

Because the tests were not as advanced as the drugs? Victor Conte only got caught through a whistleblower and that sent ripples through a number of sports like Athletics, Cycling, Boxing etc

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Who says he is "the most frequent and rigerously tested man in sport"?

To the best of my knowledge this information is not public. So if he does know then how? Who's he got on the inside of WADA to tell him this?
    Guess no one says, but wouldn't it make sense that he's the most tested man in sport. After all he's the one the everyone has been after since his first tour win.
    "That was the night everything changed"

I read a superb book called "Breaking The Chain" by Willy Voght a few years ago that really opened my eyes to a lot of what goes on in pro cycling on the tours.

Put simply it's another side race along side the bike riding to find the latest drugs that don't have tests in place for them. :thunbdown:
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

If we look at the facts though, he has never been caught and convicted, doesn't mean he is innocent, but those are the facts. They tested him hundreds of times for drugs, off the tour, on the tour, and found nothing.

If he did dodge detection, it is one hell of a marvel, but at the end of the day, no hard evidence, and that is how it stays.

Another thing that makes me hope he's innocent is that he has so much more to lose than all the others, and his guilt would have a massive impact on the lives of others i.e the Livestrong foundation. If he was to be found guilty surely this would collapse, and many people that the foundation helps would not only lose that support and suffer, but also lose hope as a result of a dethroning so to speak of there role model. Non of the other riders have had such things attached to there lives. Messing with your own life is one thing, messing with the lives of others is a whole new ball game. One that I really hope Lance hasn't played
    "That was the night everything changed"