Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Hughes

Lee Hughes

Looks like Lee Hughes is getting out of jail and likely to sign for Oldham. If i remember rightly he killed 2 people in a road accident driving while he was pissed up then legged it from the scene to avoid a breath test. He has served 3 of the 6 years he was sentenced to.

Hope the bastard gets plenty of the abuse he well deserves. Any of the Oldham fans on here got any comment?

Re: Lee Hughes

He played at Valley parade just before he was sentenced. The West Brom fans sang 'going down' to City & the City fans sang 'going down' to Lee Hughes. Both prophecies proved correct.

I'm sure Chaddy the Owl will have something to say.
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

3 years for killing 2 people?

Justice system - what justice is that???

Could be worse!

A 19 year old lad kicked a 16 year to death (for no reason) got four years on manslaughter. Already served a year on remand. So will be out in a year. And he's only been sent to a young offenders institute!

Had the kids dad on the radio last night!

He came out with a great line. If 75% of the population needed to be locked up he'd be happy to pay the extra tax if it meant the rest of the population was safe!

Master and MR

what an absolute wa./,er
    personally if he would have killed my son id be glad he was coming out
    he wouldnt be around long
    3 years , this country is spiralling out of control

i wouldnt go to watch any team the twat plays for

I am sure some people change their tune depending upon what the crime is. This man kills two people and then runs off and only gets three years. Madness. The other month we had the man going down for 2.5 years for grooming children for sex. Both major crimes in my book, but someone on here said when they have served the time set down by our justice system they are free to be intergrated back in to the community. Therefore Hughes is free to sign for Oldham. (I am a latics fan)

One thing I wonder, have the Oldham management been visiting him in prison and seeing him play against the other inmates?
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    One thing I wonder, have the Oldham management been visiting him in prison and seeing him play against the other inmates?
    Yes. They reckon he's in good nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Looks like Lee Hughes is getting out of jail and likely to sign for Oldham. If i remember rightly he killed 2 people in a road accident driving while he was pissed up then legged it from the scene to avoid a breath test. He has served 3 of the 6 years he was sentenced to.

Hope the bastard gets plenty of the abuse he well deserves. Any of the Oldham fans on here got any comment?
    Sorrry but my memory serves me incorrectly, he 'only' killed one person in the accident and he didnt leg it to avoid a breath test. He legged it because he hit his head on the sun visor and panicked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/3539290.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I am sure some people change their tune depending upon what the crime is. This man kills two people and then runs off and only gets three years. Madness. The other month we had the man going down for 2.5 years for grooming children for sex. Both major crimes in my book, but someone on here said when they have served the time set down by our justice system they are free to be intergrated back in to the community. Therefore Hughes is free to sign for Oldham. (I am a latics fan)

Nah, you won't get me changing my tune Roadrunner. Lee Hughes committed an appalling crime. He was sentenced ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF OUR LAND. He has served that time, paid his debt to society and now deserves a chance to integrate back into society.

I sincerely hope he's learnt his lesson and gets his head down and works hard. He'll be a great signing for Oldham if he does.

Yes, he'll get abuse and it will be a test of his character how he reacts to it.

The debate about whether 3 years is "enough" is an entirely different one, it's not Lee Hughes' fault, it's one that people ought to tackle politicians about instead if they feel strongly.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    what an absolute wa./,er
    personally if he would have killed my son id be glad he was coming out
    he wouldnt be around long
    And that, Daz, is entirely the reaction I would have if he killed my son.

But we are supposed to be a civilised society with a proper justice system not built on retribution and vengeance.

Strange how places such as Iraq, Iran are criticised for being "barbaric" in their application of justice......and yet people in this country are happy to say "throw away the key" etc
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog