Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasdale

Stream just after Black Sail pass. Stream running up from Styhead towards Esk Hause is near the path.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Stream just after Black Sail pass. Stream running up from Styhead towards Esk Hause is near the path.
    Cheers for that info

Joss Naylor and friends hand out drinks of squash at Greendale. There's water on the climb up towards Seatallan and from memory there was one point between Seatallan and Pillar. You can then grab water on the path that skirts round behind Kirk fell and on the path up towards Esk Hause. Decent amount of water basically.

Gargantuan route. Just have a trott out/training run up until Pillar and crucially go very easy down the first extremely steep descent back into the valley. Pushing a little too hard too soon can mean things quickly unravel later turning it into a complete suffer fest or worst (speaking from expericence,,lol). Start off nice and easy and see how you feel at Pillar and go from there. Amazing route and an epic day, you'll have an amazing time. Not fit enough currently to run it this year sadly. Next year.

Thanks FellRunner09, much appreciated. Yeah really looking forward to it. I had entered last years race but never made the start line due to injury, but still made the journey up to the Lakes to watch sections of the race, made me more determined to have a go this year.

Trainings gone pretty good, but seen as their are no mountains in Hull(in fact its as flat as a pancake)I do struggle to get decent training in, I manage to get out onto the Wolds and Yorkshire Dales now and then to get some climbing in, its not ideal but better than nowt.

As long as I get round in one piece and inside the cut-offs then I'll be happy, but I think I'll be taking youre advice taking it very steady first half, then just see how I feel second half, fingers crossed.

Hi All,

We are currently short of a couple of marshalls for the wasdale race, specifically for the pillar check point.

If anyone is willing to marshal (not necessarily on pillar - I can shuffle people aroud a bit) can you please send me an email - [email protected]

Thanks...

Wasdale Marshals

Hi All,

We are currently short of a couple of marshalls for the wasdale race, specifically for the pillar check point.

If anyone is willing to marshal (not necessarily on pillar - I can shuffle people aroud a bit) can you please send me an email - [email protected]

Thanks...

Have you found anyone Will?

I'm supposed to be running it but if lack of marshals means no race then I'll marshal instead. FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF ALL MANKIND!

I'm marshalling, dunno if it's for the greater good of all mankind though. Same spot as last year so watch yerselves over the rickety stile, when you least need it.

Whose having a bimble ? Good luck one & all, easy does it early doors.
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    Whose having a bimble ? Good luck one & all, easy does it early doors.
    I'm having a bimble, first time, so looking forward to it, steady away though. Just be glad to get round unscathed, looks like its gonna be a warm one, suncream at the ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy42 View Post
    I'm having a bimble, first time, so looking forward to it, steady away though. Just be glad to get round unscathed, looks like its gonna be a warm one, suncream at the ready.
    I was planning compass at the ready, looking at this...... http://www.mwis.org.uk/english-welsh-forecast/LD/