Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110
Results 1,091 to 1,096 of 1096

Thread: Wasdale

Hi all, I have already put out a request for some missing results from various CFRA fell races on the CFRA website, but here I thought it might be worth asking if anyone holds a copy of the 1987 Wasdale results? or might know of some kind soul who could scan or photograph a copy & send to me at :-
    [email protected]
    I am trying to collate all of the Wasdale results going back to 1972 in digital format (most of the pre-90's races are only hard copy) so that they can be preserved for anyone curious enough to want to dig around the historical side of the race.
    I know that the '87 race was won by Billy Bland - again - & was wondering if anyone might have an e-mail address or some such for either Billy or perhaps Anne Bland or anyone else who might have retained a copy?
    Thanks in anticipation, Richard Eastman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Eastman View Post
    Hi all, I have already put out a request for some missing results from various CFRA fell races on the CFRA website, but here I thought it might be worth asking if anyone holds a copy of the 1987 Wasdale results? or might know of some kind soul who could scan or photograph a copy & send to me at :-
    [email protected]
    I am trying to collate all of the Wasdale results going back to 1972 in digital format (most of the pre-90's races are only hard copy) so that they can be preserved for anyone curious enough to want to dig around the historical side of the race.
    I know that the '87 race was won by Billy Bland - again - & was wondering if anyone might have an e-mail address or some such for either Billy or perhaps Anne Bland or anyone else who might have retained a copy?
    Thanks in anticipation, Richard Eastman
    I'll have a look, Richard. I've got quite a few from around the late 80's and early 90's. Can't promise anything but I will have a dig around this weekend
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Cal/Richard/anyone - did the 1987 Wasdale result turn up anywhere? CFRA website still not got it and it is noted in Fellrunner as missing result. [Even winning time would be fine by me actually]
    Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Chilton View Post
    Cal/Richard/anyone - did the 1987 Wasdale result turn up anywhere? CFRA website still not got it and it is noted in Fellrunner as missing result. [Even winning time would be fine by me actually]
    Cheers
    Steve
    Brian Martin (ex FRA Statistician and much else) gave me his CD with the data underpinning his June 2005 Fellrunner article "Lakeland Classics - Top 20 Men All Time Rankings" (updated to 2009) which shows the winning time in 1987 as Billy Bland 3.33.07.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Finlay Wild on the start list for Wasdale tomorrow.

Any chance he could get close to the record...?

I suspect he wouldn't be there if he didn't think so.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog