Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1096

Thread: Wasdale

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Anyone else at Wasdale on Saturday?

Looking nervously at the mwis forecast.

Felt that I learnt a lot at Buttermere two weeks ago, in regard to pacing and particularly mental toughness. Hoping for an improved showing but not expecting to set the world alight. If I can get closer to 6 hours than 7 I will consider it progress.

At the front end, forgive my amateur punditry, but a quick glance at the list and its hard to see past the couple of Borrowdale runners for the win, but appears they only have the two runners at the moment, so maybe a chance for Dark Peak to pick up another "super long"?

Will be interesting to see how this race compares against Buttermere for difficulty. Buttermere was quite simply the hardest race I've done, even in quite ideal conditions it was a step up from an agonisingly hot Welsh 1000 metres.

Pete
    I think Buttermere is marginally harder but Wasdale took me a bit longer 5.38/5.55. A llot more rock around at Wasdale which could be bad in the wet, but conversely more vegetation at Buttermere.

Have fun wish I could do it but looking like next year for any AL action for me.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Anyone else at Wasdale on Saturday?

Looking nervously at the mwis forecast.

Felt that I learnt a lot at Buttermere two weeks ago, in regard to pacing and particularly mental toughness. Hoping for an improved showing but not expecting to set the world alight. If I can get closer to 6 hours than 7 I will consider it progress.

At the front end, forgive my amateur punditry, but a quick glance at the list and its hard to see past the couple of Borrowdale runners for the win, but appears they only have the two runners at the moment, so maybe a chance for Dark Peak to pick up another "super long"?

Will be interesting to see how this race compares against Buttermere for difficulty. Buttermere was quite simply the hardest race I've done, even in quite ideal conditions it was a step up from an agonisingly hot Welsh 1000 metres.

Pete
    I'm planning to run on Saturday. Also hoping for sub 7 this time after getting around 5h20 two years ago. I got round Howtown a few weeks ago and I have lost a bit of weight from cycling since then. Still expecting a long day out on the fells! It is harder than Buttermere but there is plenty of water available. Remember the race does not start until Pillar.

Disappointed not to be doing Wasdale this coming Saturday, but lack of training through hamstring injury I'd never get round.
    Still going up to the Lakes this weekend though to do a bit of walking in the Wasdale area so hoping to catch some of the race and maybe take a few photos.
    Hope the weather turns out ok 'cos at the moment its looking a bit bleak, but I'd take that with a pinch of salt at the moment 'cos as we all know predicting Lakes weather is almost impossible, especially around the Scaffells area.

Me and a friend will be marshalling at Pillar so we'll see you there! Weather does look a bit interesting; even if it isn't chucking it down and the predicted high winds haven't moved in yet there could be thick clag.

Both Ricky Lightfoot and Jasmin Paris have run it for the past couple of years so they may still turn up.

Does anyone know if the Pete Bland van will be there on Saturday morning? I guess they'll be prioritising the Champs race in Sedbergh but you never know!

Pretty sure the schedule for the van is on their website or the FRA fixture book, and I'm pretty certain it's not at Wasdale tomorrow unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post
    Both Ricky Lightfoot and Jasmin Paris have run it for the past couple of years so they may still turn up.
    Hope so, the form that Jasmin is in lately she could well smash the womens record, and even possibly win the race outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_B View Post
    Does anyone know if the Pete Bland van will be there on Saturday morning? I guess they'll be prioritising the Champs race in Sedbergh but you never know!
    No it won't be, I asked them this week.
    Body held together by Eden Bodyworks: http://www.edenbodyworks.co.uk/

Twitter: @Oliblom

BBC Weather is predicting heavy rain from 7am to 5pm. And the BBC is never wrong, as we all know.
    Run the race. Keep the faith.
    (2 Tim 4:7)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Richard View Post
    BBC Weather is predicting heavy rain from 7am to 5pm. And the BBC is never wrong, as we all know.
    Glorious sunshine then!