Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1096

Thread: Wasdale

Quote Originally Posted by Wil DP View Post
    Hello all,

I'm going to comment to bump this to the top with a request for anyone who can help out marshaling / car parking / registration / on the finish / doing sections of the route between check points as "sweepers". Please get in touch if you are willing to help out (See the CFRA website for details).

As it is a champs race this year we need a lot of extra help due to the large increase in competitor numbers.

Also if anyone has anything they want to add any more comments on the event on the last few years now is your time whilst we have some time to plan doing something about it.

Also also, for anyone wanting to do the event this year, now is the time to get training...

Cheers, Wil
    Hi Wil DP - Let me look at the map as I will be up on the course taking photos on the day as it's one of MrRTS 50 @ 50. I will stay at that point with Beau dog until the last competitor comes past so would happily marshal there or be sweeper to the next CP. Will let you know over the next day or so :-)

Also, worth checking whether entries are still to be posted to Richard Eastman as per the FRA race web listing on the website?

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
    Also, worth checking whether entries are still to be posted to Richard Eastman as per the FRA race web listing on the website?
    Mine was...

Ditto. Sure others will have done so too.

Many thanks in advance to all behind the scenes who are involved with delivery of this historic race.

for those in the know, is it quite likely that the full 250 places in this race will be filled?

Bit long for you Noel! Did you mix it up with Wasdale Show?!😂

Anyone tried the route to Seatallen by going up to and slightly past Greendale tarn then 90 degree left, is it any easier than that lumpy grass on the traditional route. Also is it quicker going for the col between Haycock and Scoat Fell than contouring round?

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Anyone tried the route to Seatallen by going up to and slightly past Greendale tarn then 90 degree left, is it any easier than that lumpy grass on the traditional route. Also is it quicker going for the col between Haycock and Scoat Fell than contouring round?
    I know someone who went via Greendale Tarn one year and lost loads of places. I have always been the direct route crossing the stream and up the steep/tussocky section.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    In decent conditions it is probably quicker to contour round. However in poor conditions if you don't know the route, probably a safer bet to head for the col. This is what I did last year. Although I did make a mess of it after this, going terribly wrong on Scoat Fell(admittedly in the worst conditions I've experienced in a race). Still not an easy route, Pots Of Ashness is quite confusing, and you have to trust your compass.

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    Bit long for you Noel! Did you mix it up with Wasdale Show?!��
    I'm an ultra-runner now: http://fellrunner.org.uk/results/race17/17_hobble.html
    How hard can it be?

I'm as fast at my come-backs as I am at long races.