Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasdale

Re: Wasdale

Quote Originally Posted by berglaufman View Post
    Having done Arrochar today and had a chat with Dave Ward at the finish, I got enthused to do Wasdale - can someone confirm that entries closed today? - seems a bit early, given that there is a British the day before, so I can't imagine there will be a huge field.
    According to the book, the British champs race (I assume you mean Angus Munros) and Wasdale are on the same day. Wasdale is on a Saturday.

If you do get an entry I wouldn't want you turning up on the wrong day
    Everybody's heart doesn't beat the same.

Having done Arrochar today and had a chat with Dave Ward at the finish, I got enthused to do Wasdale - can someone confirm that entries closed today? - seems a bit early, given that there is a British the day before, so I can't imagine there will be a huge field
    I'd give the organiser a ring, they were taking on the day entries at Ennerdale so you can't get out of it that easily

FellMonster

I hear they are thinking of creating a "Wasdale ring" for winners of the race each year....you know like American sportsmen get when they win the NFL series or some basketball competition or the green jacket for golfers...... Imagine flashing rings in the showers with other Wasdale winners.....quite an honour Id reckon.

david

Quote Originally Posted by who killed bambi View Post
    anyone have or know were can find a decent map of the race route with checkpionts.
    any tips would hlep
    Go here and then click on Our Route & Rules down the left hand side.

HELP!

Anyone going over Wrynose to get to this race i.e. up Little Langdale valley? I would be most appreciative of a lift.

I've got the day off work all sorted and then realised I actually need to get there!

Many thanks.

P.S. This message will become more desperate as the day draws near...
    Why walk when you can run.

Quote Originally Posted by theNoor View Post
    HELP!

Anyone going over Wrynose to get to this race i.e. up Little Langdale valley? I would be most appreciative of a lift.

I've got the day off work all sorted and then realised I actually need to get there!

Many thanks.

P.S. This message will become more desperate as the day draws near...
    Just do it the way your avatar used to

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    Just do it the way your avatar used to

Bill
    I did just that in 2003 - was working at Black Sail Youth Hostel at the time. Had to run (stagger) back over the pass after the race to do the evening meal!

It's like going to sleep before your 7th birthday for me tonight, being rather excited about tomorrow...

I don't know why, I'll hate it for most of the time, and wish I wasn't there. But didn't all parties end in tears and disappointment?

Have a great day one and all!
    Why walk when you can run.

I did just that in 2003 - was working at Black Sail Youth Hostel at the time. Had to run (stagger) back over the pass after the race to do the evening meal!

It's like going to sleep before your 7th birthday for me tonight, being rather excited about tomorrow...

I don't know why, I'll hate it for most of the time, and wish I wasn't there. But didn't all parties end in tears and disappointment?

Have a great day one and all!
    If you really want to recreate that 7th birthday feeling come and find me at the start, ive got a big bag of Haribo Tangfastics...

Good Luck!

Oh Boy, that was hard work!! Many thanks to the organiser & the marshalls - what a grand way to spend a day. As for the results

1st Ricky Lightfoot
    2nd Pete Vale (3 seconds behind Ricky!!)
    3rd John Hunt (1st V40).

Sorry didn't note their times - something like 3:45 I think, but could be wrong.

Respect.

It was all I could do to walk 200 metres back to my car!

What a fiendish course, seemed to go on forever (longer than it should have done due to some navigational problems on Scafell Pike ). Big thanks to the stalwart marshalls on the summits.
    Everybody's heart doesn't beat the same.