1 Ricky Lightfoot 3.45
    2 Pete Vale 3.45
    3 John Hunt 4.07
    4 Joe Blackett 4.10
    5 Ben Abdelnoor 4.11
    Why walk when you can run.

Re: Wasdale

Well done Noor! I take it you didn't get lost coming off Scafell pike

That was a long way felt really bad going up Gable then cramped up as soon as I tried to run, luckily I had support at styhead with drinks, thanks I needed that, so felt ok on the way to Esk hause.
    Very thick cloud higher up, I was with two others here and nearing Broad crag one of them started looking at his compass so I took the lead to show the way.
    Felt knackered on the final climb to Scafell so they both started running before me folowed, them at first but soon realised we where going the wrong way, I shouted out to them we were on the wrong line then I cut across to the main path.
    Just below Lingmell col met a girl who had past me just after looking a little lost so showed her the way across to Lingmell nose then she ran off

I was nearly 20 mins faster than at the Ennerdale whats the time difference for most people between them?

Well done to the organisers what a great spread at the finish I went for seconds.

Bill

Lot of potential for navigational errors.

I took out compass on Seatallan. Me, Paul Thompson and Joe Blackett dawdled a bit and were overtaken by Nimrod Lockwood who took a perfect line down to Pots of Ashness.

Perfectly contoured around and up to Pillar, hitting the trod below Scoat Fell.

I recognised the route up the Scafell massiff avoiding heading to Broad and Ill Crag. From the summit I took a bearing, but without Joe's navigating (which I'm told is hillariously poor?) I'd have been scuppered. It wasn't perfect but it got us down.

I started with a touch of cramp from Styhead to Esk Hause but it didn't really hurt until the last 400m - why is it your body knows you're nearly there and so kicks in with the worst cramp?
    Why walk when you can run.

well done theNoor.

well done and many thanks to the marshalls.

The attached zip file, when unzipped, can be viewed in Google Earth (double-clicking should launch Google Earth and display the route) so you can re-live the 'highs & lows' as it were. As you will see I was some way behind theNoor, and a lot of others.

oh, if you are impressed by the route finding from Scafell Pike it is all due to Wendy Dodds - without being able to follow her I would have been all over the place (all over the wrong place) so thanks too to Wendy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FellShoeShuffler; 15-07-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FellShoeShuffler View Post
    well done theNoor.

well done and many thanks to the marshalls.

The attached zip file, when unzipped, can be viewed in Google Earth (double-clicking should launch Google Earth and display the route) so you can re-live the 'highs & lows' as it were. As you will see I was some way behind theNoor, and a lot of others.

oh, if you are impressed by the route finding from Scafell Pike it is all due to Wendy Dodds - without being able to follow her I would have been all over the place (all over the wrong place) so thanks too to Wendy.
    You must have past me hobbling down lingmell nose then as Wendy did

Bill

I was a bit behind Wendy by the time we dropped out of the clouds but I did shuffle past someone just at the kissing gate at the bottom of the hill - interesting that your time was less than at Ennerdale because I took 14 minutes longer here than at Ennerdale.

I was running alongside a Mercia Runner who I caught just after Esk Hause (about 4 hours into the race) and he asked me if I'd done it before and how long was it to the finish. I told him between 30-40 minutes. He was looking a bit weary but hung on and was probably only about 50 yards behind going up to Scafell Pike.

There then followed a cruel twist of fate! From the accounts that followed, he'd descended the Corridor Route to Styhead, down Moses Trod to Wasdale Head AND THEN....he came through the finish and climbed all the way back up to the last CP at the stile on Lingmelland back to the finish just as prize giving was ending. I think he ended up finishing about 2 hours behind me. Still, hats off to him for shear determination. Well done!!!

Great run The Noor,

I had a 'grand day out' - Yewbarrow, Red Pike, Pillar, Kirk Fell, Gable, Scafell Pike, Scafell.

I saw the leaders below me as I was coming off Kirk Fell - couldn't believe how far ahead they were - then your group came past me as I took a dodgy line off Gable.

I was hoping to repay last year's flapjack favour but you were too quick for me!

Well done to all who raced - I seriously considered not even starting my run looking at Saturday morning's weather - glad I did though

MH

Hi,

Anyone know when and where a set of results can be seen ?

Cheers,

The Joker
    fell running.....are you trying to be funny?

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Hi,

Anyone know when and where a set of results can be seen ?

Cheers,

The Joker

Here by the end of July!

Bill