Page 52 of 110 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasdale

Re: Wasdale

Quote Originally Posted by Deek View Post
    I guess a few people didn't turn up today given the conditions?
    Quite a few turned up around 180 i think.

theNoor did the business today..survival of the fittest! Any runner who completed the course in those weather conditions deserves a medal!
    Last edited by wharfeego; 11-07-2010 at 09:37 AM.

certainly a grim weather day - tough going but what a spread of food at the end.

[QUOTE=wharfeego;345639]theNoor did the business today..survival of the fittest! Any runner who completed the course in those weather condition sdeserves a medal! [QUOTE]

Lots of people with Wanderlust yesterday, I was passed three times by one runner. The thickest of hill fogs tested quite a few, Even the front runners and locals went to the wrong hill or missed the descents.

Surprisingly not that cold though even if it was miserable.

Not a good day for Pictures Wharfee, was that you taking pics on the run in after the wall.

well done to Ben and all who survived.

Thanks to Richard and his team esp those on the hill, (hope they didn't get lost coming off afterwards )

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Lots of people with Wanderlust yesterday, I was passed three times by one runner. The thickest of hill fogs tested quite a few, Even the front runners and locals went to the wrong hill or missed the descents.
    I managed to stay slow and careful (for a change!!!) but careful navigation and slippery rocks (with wind and rain) must have cost me about an hour.

Great race though - and excellent support from the race organisation.
    Nowt ails a good bread eater!

Nothing like a gentle introduction to long fell races. A grand day out. Many thanks to the checkpoint manners.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    ...Not a good day for Pictures Wharfee, was that you taking pics on the run in after the wall...
    Not a good day for photography, filmin' or even fellrunnin'!

I might have a photo of yer? Number 76 or 98 by any chance?

I wasn't running this time because I only got back from a trip away in the middle of last week and wasn't sure if I would be back in time so didn't enter - but I went for a little run close to home and it was horribly close and sticky and unpleasant, I wouldn't have enjoyed a six hour run in those conditions, hopefully it was cooler at height for everyone. Off to do a short race at Bampton this afternoon instead as a consolation. Sounds like it was an even harder than usual day for everyone yesterday though, well done all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Not a good day for photography, filmin' or even fellrunnin'!

I might have a photo of yer? Number 76 or 98 by any chance?
    I was 134 I think came in around 42th? I as I ran down the last field I shouted to the photographer did you want an "air" shot and jumped of a rock!. I'm such a poser. Number won't have been showing as I had on a Black Kamalika smock

Forgot to say Thanks to Brotherton lad for the carshare, and for the company of Rudy H and Kat in the Hat (Hope the cuts are healing nicely) and for the food and drink from Turbo Tom and friend mid route. Lots of others there as well as those supporting Andy on his BG in the car Park.
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 11-07-2010 at 11:15 AM.

well done the noor - i knew I should have picked you for my fantasy fellrunning cup play off!

anyone got any news on other runners - ie were nicky spinks and john hunt there ............... and did they enjoy good runs?

and well done to everyone who had a go. Remember 'Elvis Says'(on steve wright in the afternoon!) this is the hardest race...... and on a tough day I cant imagine where it registers.........