Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasdale

Big thanks to all at cfra for all their organisation, marshalling and catering. A particular thanks to the group of little ones at styhead tarn with their goodies and cheery shouts of encouragement-much appreciated at that point in the race. The route beat me up today-I'll have it next year!

Enjoyed watching the race today, well the bits I saw, but considering there was not much sun it was blooming boiling going up Scaffell Pike, and I was only walking. Hats off to all who took part, I really enjoyed chilling out in the finish field watching the everyone coming in, top respect to you all, also the ladies in the food tent 10 out of 10. Great to meet the legend that is Joss Naylor, even got him to sign his book for me, top man!

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    We needn't of worried about the weather, it was fine. A little warm perhaps but nothing like last year and the cloud was above the summits, apart from scafell pike for the 5.30hr and beyond finishers, who were also treated to a fine cooling rain. Well done race winner Simon Harding and run of day must be Jasmin Paris who was 1st lady but also 3rd overall. Many thanks to all involved and a special mention for the catering ladies, they're up for a laugh and they make bloody beltin butties, thank you ladies.
    Every time I do Wasdale and the 2.30hr drive home, I climb out of the car and do the Wasdale walk, which basically looks like I've shit myself....for the record, I haven't.
    Well done mate. I must have a day out on the route, once I am running again... It'll just be a day out...the race sounds like a monster. Respect due to all who started as well as finished.

A great win for Simon
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Well done everyone yesterday.

In short a tough, tough day on the fells for me yesterday. I haven't suffered like that in a race for a long time, maybe London marathon 2007 in the heat when I was under the weather. I knew it was going to be hard but having gone off fairly sensibly I just started to feel extremely heavy legged and tired after Seatallan. On the descent off Pillar I pretty much knew I was for it and abandoned expectations of finish place/time. Took on plenty of water and fluid but felt a bit light headed and just generally not great. Still I was glad to grit my teeth, grind it out and come in in 5.30. Was really losing my legs coming off Sca Fell pike, so had to be careful on the final descent.

Bastard hard race combined with what I felt like was "one of those days", just extremely tired from the off. No complaints though and great to be part of an amazing event. Great that the weather held off for those epic views and Joss Naylor handing out drinks. Definitely be back to give this another crack again sometime.

Well done everyone again, an epic day on the fells.....a true brute of race. Awesome stuff.
    Last edited by FellRunner09; 13-07-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Really pleased to have been one of the women to get round this tough race. There weren't many of us! Happy with 5:36 as a first timer. Well done to everyone involved. Here is a link to some photos. http://www.granddayoutphotography.co...fell-race-2014

Really enjoyed yesterday's race (most of it anyway). A good improvement on my time from my first attempt a couple of years ago. Helped that the cloud was above the summits until Scafell Pike but was a little bit tricky crossing the boulders on the approach as the rain had started by the time I got there and my legs were a tad wobbly by this stage.

Thanks to all involved. Great tea and butties at the end too.

What a brilliant race! My first time around it and it is every bit as tough as it's made out to be. I took it nice and steady and consequently I thoroughly enjoyed it and finished feeling pretty strong, in 5 hours 35 minutes. It's a bit of an odd route when you look at it on the map but it makes for brilliant racing; it gets tougher and tougher the further around it you get! Amazing run by Jasmin, impressive stuff.

Thanks to everyone involved, and especially to whoever's idea it was to have a tub of fresh pineapple chunks at the end, perfect post-race food!

Really pleased to have been one of the women to get round this tough race. There weren't many of us! Happy with 5:36 as a first timer. Well done to everyone involved. Here is a link to some photos. http://www.granddayoutphotography.co...fell-race-2014
    I think I was chatting to you at the end? I was the guy that passed you and Huw from Bowland going up Scafell Pike.

Results are up by the way (press Ctrl+F5 if they don't show).

I was supporting the race with the jelly-baby-kids, I took some photos and put them here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/419566...7645344308040/

Well done all!

Quote Originally Posted by lawrennd View Post
    I was supporting the race with the jelly-baby-kids, I took some photos and put them here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/419566...7645344308040/

Well done all!
    Good shots! Thanks for the support, it was great being cheered down Great Gable and the jelly babies very appreciated.

2015 race now in calendar for 11th July

Many Thanks In Advance to RO for efforts in getting this on

Looking forward to it already... (I think )
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run