Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going back to buying bags!

I'm going back to buying bags!

That's it, I've had enough. If you are a shoe manufacturer can you please produce a shoe that has good off road grip, cushioning for the longer ride, a bit of motion control for those who over pronate quite a lot and have weak tendons in their feet. I'm fed up buying off-road shoes that are not compatible with my needs...it's getting costly and the bones in my feet hurt!

I like Crosslite but they don't fit my orthotics :thunbdown:. I like mudclaw but they don't fit my orthotics :thunbdown:, I've tried Speedcross and they could be good but I am all over the place in them even with my orthotics in, painful :thunbdown:. Mizuna are too low profile, I thought they may replace my Crosslite as they fit my orthotic but no:thunbdown:.

F*** it, I'm just going to run in my road shoes and go back to buying handbags...

Re: I'm going back to buying b

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyfeet View Post

I like Crosslite but they don't fit my orthotics :thunbdown:. I like mudclaw but they don't fit my orthotics :thunbdown:, I've tried Speedcross and they could be good but I am all over the place in them even with my orthotics in, painful :thunbdown:. Mizuna are too low profile, I thought they may replace my Crosslite as they fit my orthotic but no:thunbdown:.
    But did you try Adidas Kanadia 3?

Good grip, comfy cushioning.......don't know how they'd go with your orthotics and pronation tho.....

Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Mmmm, Mmmm...(note making sounds) keep the suggestions coming. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyfeet View Post
    That's it, I've had enough. If you are a shoe manufacturer can you please produce a shoe that has good off road grip, cushioning for the longer ride, a bit of motion control for those who over pronate quite a lot and have weak tendons in their feet. I'm fed up buying off-road shoes that are not compatible with my needs...it's getting costly and the bones in my feet hurt!

F*** it, I'm just going to run in my road shoes and go back to buying handbags...
    Inov8 Flyrocs. I'm not sure about the motion control, but surely that's what the orthotics are for. Imo they meet all you other requirements. Size 5.5 currently on sale here on the Forum.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 26-05-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

I think I saw some pronation control off road shoes in Decathlon last time I was in there..... might be worth a look.

Edit found them http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/kapter...tor-130426052/ /Edit
    Last edited by PaulE; 26-05-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Like Alexandra I would have thought that the orthotics would control pronation. I just need a shoe that has removable insoles which has always ruled out walshes.

I've had enough too, currently trawling the net for MANbags.
    Hills and Guinness!

I m having my orthotics tweeked on Tuesday and that may go some way to helping with the problem, it could be that I have to have orthotics for my off-road shoes that are more severe to counteract the ankle movement with the terrain. I don't know. All I do know is that I have spent too much money on shoes. (My husband would never believe me saying this so..shhh!)

I struggle to find a shoe deep enough to fit my orthotics and eventually settled on Speedcross 2, not the most stable shoe but fit the bill for everything else i need. Don't last to long on the Welsh hills either. The Salomon XR Crossmax Guidance Shoe looks ok but they are to expensive for my pocket.

So it looks like the Speedcross 2 and live with the stability issues - or watch this thread for a possible solution.