Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bg@50 - 2012

Re: Bg@50 - 2012

Aye Mark L, thats what I'll do but I'm still not 'networking' with people to build a team! Like I say...its tricky! Hopefully through here I'll get out with a few people and see how it goes. I'll contact the club I'm in too....I've been member about 10 years but am in the wrong part of the county. Also I have a relative-in-law-to-be who said he'd help. Cheers for the advice again.

Ah, if it's networking as well as reccying, then if you post up some details about a reccy you've planned then it is always possible that people will come and join you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Ah, if it's networking as well as reccying, then if you post up some details about a reccy you've planned then it is always possible that people will come and join you.
    Exactly. I have the odd day off during the week and can't think of anything I'd rather do that come out on a recce! Just post and I bet you get a response.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Hey I am 50 next year too and the thought has passed through my mind, am hoping to do a relatively quick BG this year to make sure I can slip a few more in...

I come from the Lakes and whilst living in Sheffield now go there a lot so it would be cool to recce some additional peaks, where are you based?

I think the Wasdale is probably the best race to check out (9th July) being about a 1/3 of the length/ ascent of the BG; but I think ckecking out your time for sections 3 + 4 would give you are better feel for where you are in terms of being ready for it.

Having said that the Lakes fell races are awesome and so friendly, did the Ennerdale on Sat and hope to do most of the others which reminds me to send off my applications.

Cheers,

Fjell Guy, where are you based? I also have days off midweek, same shift pattern as you. Not quite as fast as you by the look of it, but if it's just for the odd recce I might just get away with it! I keep promising myself to get up to the lakes more, it isn't far from me really, but I never seem to get round to it. A bit of incentive could be just what I need...

This could turn into the "I'm 50 and gonna do the BG thread" Guess who else if 50 this year .....
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

I'm based Carlisle. I just did Ennerdale for the first time on Saturday and enjoyed it but for getting severe 'trapped wind' going up the last cut off. Did 6.25, but reckon I might of done 6.05-10 or something without that. Also I am doing Wasdale, which I'm suitably warey of. Going to try and get a couple of recce's, even if only walking with 'the missus'. Maybe a mass 'BG@50' attempt next year is on the cards!!! :w00t:

Hi guys i,ve just joined the forum after reading these last few posts,i,m a 51 year old road runner but i love the lakes and the BG is an itch i,ve had for a few years now, injury has stopped me this year but i,d love to scratch that itch next year with some like .minded vets

Is there a record for 50 at 50?

er...no idea!?