I was in Hebblethwaite Hall Gill today, the beck in its bottom is a tributary of the River Rawthey which runs alongside the A683 Kirkby Stephen to Sedbergh road. You have to get off the beaten track to find localities like this and it's such a gem. It appears to have been eroded out as a result of the Dent Fault system, the amount of tilting in the rock strata in places is fantastic and has allowed the beck to carve out some interesting shapes. At one point a heavily mineralised and faulted 25" wide fracture crosses the bed of the beck resulting in a return to 0 degrees of tilt on one side and 50 degrees on the other. The mineralising solution has cooled with other rocks in suspension resulting in what looked like a Calcite massive with inclusions of the natural. Further down closer to the Rawthey there is an enormous wall of Glacial Till about 2 storeys high. It looked like one of the football sized boulders could have departed the red clay and fallen to the beck at any moment. I used to think becks cutting through Yordale areas were awesome but this was something else. I had left my camera sat at home but i'm going back at some point to get a set for Flickr and walk the whole gill top to bottom. Even someone with an amateurish grasp of geology like me can't fail to be stunned by this place, lots of trout living there too but didn't catch any.