Thread: Montane Minimus jacket

Montane Minimus jacket

anyone got this?

was looking at ordering the Atomic DT, but then noticed this Minimus jacket was lighter and as far as I can see, 'more waterproof', though I might be reading that wrong

I have the H20 jacket, but don't think this would cope with long heavy downpours / winter conditions, so am after something that is totally waterproof.

Re: Montane Minimus jacket

"totally waterproof"? you'll want to stay in your car then...

The Minimus Jacket is more waterproof and more breathable than the H2O and the Atomic, it is also more durable than the H2O, but not as durable as the Atomic- so its kind of suited toward Comp/ultra kind of disciplines...

Youre right about the H2O not coping with downpour/winter conditions- the water proofing also starts to delam after a while.
    http://testedtodestruction.blogspot....2o-jacket.html

Quote Originally Posted by zephr View Post
    "totally waterproof"? you'll want to stay in your car then...

The Minimus Jacket is more waterproof and more breathable than the H2O and the Atomic, it is also more durable than the H2O, but not as durable as the Atomic- so its kind of suited toward Comp/ultra kind of disciplines...

Youre right about the H2O not coping with downpour/winter conditions- the water proofing also starts to delam after a while.
    http://testedtodestruction.blogspot....2o-jacket.html
    so about right for moving fast in cold and wet (e.g., late autumn to early spring UK) conditions then? I just don't want to get this and then find it too lightweight an have to get a third 'winter jacket'.

I have the H2O and I find it fine for spring thru autumn- though only for a couple of hours, and as long as I know I have a house and a shower to get back to.

To go the next step up I guess that the minimus is pretty much the one to get, as long as you are moving...
    either that or the Air Jacket. I'm in the middle of this dilemma at the moment, (and shouldnt be as I have a very servicable MHW Argon jacket lying around) but from what I can see, the minimus seems to be just about right for nigh on anything- unless you are out in "nasty" UK conditions, in which case something a little heavier might be the ticket. Like the Air jacket which is made with eVent...

I'm liking the look of the Spektr smock, but then, it might be just a bit too radical for running in... eVent though, so it should be ridiculously breathable, (but no pockets- but, crazy light and waterproof)- ah- decisions....

As I have posted before, I am impressed with the Keela Multi-Activity Odin jacket. I've worn it on 2007 OMM, walking on the tops, marshaling, and it's coped with all the different situations, temperatures (-6C), and weather. For me, the pit zips, thumb loops, and scoop tail set it apart. The Keela technology was tested at the Leeds University labs and received a very favourable report. And all for £70 RRP.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Today was the perfect day to get myself a Montane Minimus, what a trial it had this evening and what a fantastic jacket it is. Totally dry in what can only be described as "wet" weather. Most impressed.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"