Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toe Nails

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Right, so my feet are a bit of a mess post-OMM but recovering.
    The Big toe nail on my R foot was obviously dead, and eased off today when I was trimming some loose skin around it. Unfortunately there hasn't been enough time for much of a nail to grow underneath it, so there's not a lot of protection going on.

What would people suggest? Can I just wear a sock straight on it? Or should a wind dressing be put on - info for both normal life and running appreciated!
    Mine are forever coming off ba-ba, especially after the OMM!
    I wouldn't bother with anything if I were you - it may be a bit tender for a day or two but that's mostly in the head, and it very soon hardens up.
    In fact I much rather my toes when they haven't got nails on: nothing to cut, nothing to come off, no problem!
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

cheers Bill, headed to the pub straight after posting and no damage done
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Both of my big toe nails came off a few years ago Nic. Like Bill I just carried on as normal with no problems (or even less problems).
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Another vote for 'carrying on regardless' here... Probably better when they fall off, than to have them hanging on for dear life... Alrhough I do see a chiropodist every 8 weeks or so, even if its for a general treatment and tidy up, they will spot anything untoward...

running with them fine so far. Main issue is imbalances that have built up in legs due to hobbling to protect toes whilst sore. Should ease out soon enough over the next 2 weeks' easy running (just taken 2 weeks fully off as a novelty).
    Foot is still a little swollen which, I think, is pushing my achilles into my heel-cup a bit more, so that's also a bit sorer.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy