Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walshes

maddaddy

Re: Walshes

Quote Originally Posted by martmason View Post
    That is exactly how I feel Maddaddy so have just had a pair of Walsh pb elite racers delivered to my door from the kind people of Pete Blands. They look well made and are nice and minimal but unfortunately I have mullered my ankle again so can't try them out yet.

Are these the ones?

DOes anyone know how sizing wise they compare to Inov8 Mudclaw 270s? If I wear 8.5 Inov8 would I be 8.5 or 9 in a Walsh?

Cheers
    Andrew

Blimey! a Walsh trainer to match me vest - gimme gimme!

Quote Originally Posted by maddaddy View Post

Are these the ones?

DOes anyone know how sizing wise they compare to Inov8 Mudclaw 270s? If I wear 8.5 Inov8 would I be 8.5 or 9 in a Walsh?

Cheers
    Andrew
    Those are the chaps, unfortunatley mine still look like that as my ankle ain't healing so they are still unused. Size wise I have a size 10 roclite285 so went for a 10.5 Walsh which is a VERY "snug" fit.

maddaddy

Quote Originally Posted by martmason View Post
    Those are the chaps, unfortunatley mine still look like that as my ankle ain't healing so they are still unused. Size wise I have a size 10 roclite285 so went for a 10.5 Walsh which is a VERY "snug" fit.

Thanks

Hiyer, I am a size 8.5 in Inov8 x-talons and needed a size 9.5 in Walshes (those ones you have pictured).

Fellhound

They are the PB Racer. I have a pair of those as well as a pair of Mudclaw 270s, both size 10.5. I have long narrow feet and the Walshes have always suited me with a nice snug fit. The Mudclaws, which are only just long enough in a 10.5, feel loose and baggy compared to the Walsh but they are more comfortable in some ways and tend to get used more for mild training runs.

The Walshes are the hardcore sportscar to the Mudclaw's squidgy saloon...

I use PB Ultras as I have wide feet, They are a fantastic shoe and I really wouldn't consider anything else now for late autumn, winter and early spring fell running.

http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/pro...tra-xtreme.htm

For sizing, I go up half a size from my usual shoe when buying Walsh.

And a note on comfort; an Inov8 replacement insole sized half a size smaller than your Walsh shoe fits almost perfectly with no slippage. Spot on if you want to add a bit more cushioning for those longer runs. I use a 3mm insert to give an easier ride without gaining so much height as to encourage ankle roll.

My only grumble, and it's no real biggy, is that the tongue is far too short, as are the laces, but obviously the latter is easily resolved.

Maddaddy, the picture you put up is for the PB Elite Racer, also a great shoe, but just be aware that if you have wide feet you need to go for one of the versions with 'Ultra' in the title, which is the wider fitting last. The Racers (I believe) are the standard fitting, which is way too narrow for me.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

XTalons / Bare Grips size UK 8. I have a pair of Walshes PB Racer size UK 9 - one full size difference for me!
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

That's interesting. I'd assumed the Ultra bit referred to the type of race, so thought they were for ultras.

Good to know there should be a fit that suits you.

Super Moderator

Apart from the wider-fitting Ultras does anyone think there is much real difference between the current standard PBs, the Racers and the Extremes? I've had standard blue PBs and Racers and didn't think there was much between them at all. I've not tried the Extremes
    Poacher turned game-keeper