Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borrowdale

Borrowdale

After years of wanting to do this one but not being able to, I'm finally doing it this time round. Reccying on Sat 9 July if anyone fancies it, probably setting off fairly early (9 or so), in order to be able to get parked at Rossthwaite.

Re: Borrowdale

Can't make it on 9th July, I'm afraid - I'll be attempting to make the cut-offs on the Wasdale fell race that day!

However, I need to recce Borrowdale, too and was thinking of doing it this Saturday (2nd July) instead. Would that be of any use to you?

Hi TT - I also will be struggling with the Wasdale cut-offs on 9th, but there's a vague possibility I may recce Borrowdale this Friday (1st)...

P.S. I've still got a map of yours that you left in my car last year at Duddon!
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

I'd totally forgotten about that map! Covered in orange juice wasn't it? I hadn't realised it was Wasdale on the 9th, guess I'll be recceing on me lonesome - I would swap to this w/e but prior commitments mean I can't. Anyway, see you at the race proper!

I'll be on the summit of England that day TT along with turbo Tom - I daresay you'll have been & gone by the time we have to be in position. Am looking to fit in a long day or 2 out before race day.

Think i could be up for a look over the route that day.what sort of time are you looking to do?

Hi Dave,

I'm not really worried about busting a gut on the recce - going to concentrate on finding good lines. If I was doing it by myself I'd reckon on 4.5-5 hours, so if you're super-quick it'll be a dawdle, but I'm equally happy to take all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Trimm Trab View Post
    Hi Dave,

I'm not really worried about busting a gut on the recce - going to concentrate on finding good lines. If I was doing it by myself I'd reckon on 4.5-5 hours, so if you're super-quick it'll be a dawdle, but I'm equally happy to take all day!
    Hi TT,id prob be looking at about 5 hours so shouldnt hold you back to much,iv only done a few short fell races so far but know the area quite well,been getting down that way fairly regular the last few months.had a walk/run on wed night up Eagle crag and Sergeant's crag,then a bbq and a chill out.Picked a good night for it,the weather was great.

I know that the recces already suggested on this thread have been and gone, but was wondering if anybody fancied doing one the last week of July/first week of August (just before the race I know.) I'm thinking of a steady paced mid-week run... it's my first time doing the Borrowdale Fell race so I want to try and be at least vaguely familiar with the route before hand :wink:. Anybody fancy a recce then?
    Last edited by joeyd; 13-07-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Hi Joeyd.
    Bit short notice, but I'm thinking about doing a recce tomorrow; need to talk to the boss still, but looking promising. Too short?
    Hanno