Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Balance Minimus

New Balance Minimus

Just to let you know New Balance Minimus is available on shopnewbalance.co.uk with free delivery, exchanges and returns as of today!

Men's New Balance Minimus Trail Running Shoes have two different colours:

Dark grey/black & yellow: New Balance Minimus - MT10BY
    Grey & red: New Balance Minimus - MT10RD

Women's New Balance Minimus also have 2 different colours:

Black & blue: New Balance Minimus - WT10BL
    Grey: New Balance Minimus - WT10GG

Re: New Balance Minimus

Naughty naughty. Insider was a bit liberal with the rules but this is really pushing it
    Last edited by The devil's own; 02-07-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Are they any good though?!

Be Humble. Sit Down.

I hope Bulent is making a contribution to the forum upkeep if he's going to advertise on it.

Quote Originally Posted by simgreen78 View Post
    What didn't you like about them mate? I really love my MT101s and was wondering about a pair of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    What didn't you like about them mate? I really love my MT101s and was wondering about a pair of these.
    I'll DM you a brief review...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

had a look at a pair in the news balance shop in keswick...certainly seem a better shoe than the Merrell trail glove and at a lower price point too

unfortunately the New Balances shops had no stock on sale...

It's more flexible in the sole than the trail glove, but noticeable stiffer than vibrams five and it really is a shoe rather than a 'foot covering' which is what i would describe vibrams five as. I was a bit disappointed by the lateral rigidity across the sole...pretty inflexible...certainly more rigid than my Baregrip

Couldn't try it on as only had a size 7 so that's all folks....

I have the trail version of these. Only had one run in them and so far they seem grippy light and a good simulation of barefoot running. I run in VFFs and the only difference for me is more foot covering. They're cheaper than VFF and have more grip definitely worth a bash of your into minimal footwear.

I picked up a pair on a trip to the US in March and have used nothing but since then. Put about 1200 km on them and finally beginning to wear out; the mesh towards the tow has been abraded too many times on rocks and especially low brush and roots. Soles are worn, but all told I know I could get another few hundred km out of them. Twice as much as I got out of Inov8 f-lite 230s that I have mostly used over the past couple of years. Already had 2 more pairs of Trail Minimus sent from the US and just started using one of them. They fit my feet far better then the Merrell Trail Gloves; I ordered a pair of those before a family member offered to ship the NBs from the US, and the Merrell just did not fit my feet and I had to return them. The New Balance Minimus Trail are light and nimble and durable. For trail races they work great; I ran a 50 km trail race in May and they worked well for me. It feels good that my toes can splay out, but are more protected then FiveFingers would ever allow, plus no crap gets caught between your toes. (That, and I prefer a little more under foot for running.) However, for running in more uneven terrain with the NB Minimums - that is, mountain running - I either need to use a thicker sock to provide a little tighter fit to reduce potential slippage and thus blisters - this seems a successful solution - or switch to a better racing shoe with a tighter fit, such as Inov8s (or whatever you prefer). For muddy terrain then the sole is not aggressive enough, but that would seem obvious when you look at them; the sole is good on hard pack and rocky trails.

All-in-all, it is a great shoe if it fits your feet. Like any shoe it is not a one-shoe solution for all running, but for me it covers the most variety.

For sizing you have to go up a half-size; best to try them on if you can to be sure. Normally I would buy 11 US/10 UK or 44.5, but for the Trail Minimus I had to buy US 11.5 (45.5), which they convert as 11 UK.