Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Fell running blogs

Super Moderator
    Pat, you could ask them if you either know them, or can find out who they are. Otherwise, use the photo and give them a credit. The worse they're likely to do is ask you to take it down. What is naughty is for you to put one up and claim it's your own work when it isn't
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Can somebody answer a question for me. When people put up photos on Flickr from, say Sunday's Trigger, can I legally swipe one to put on my blog?
    No, copyright exists in any published work by default - you don't have to specifically splat a copyright notice across it. If it was my photos (and it would have been if I'd got up early enough!) then I'd take the view that anyone can use the images for non-commercial purposes - eg personal blogs / club websites. But if I think you're profiting from my work, then I want paying!

Just been for a run around Derwent and Howden dams - if you're in the area it's worth a visit as both dams are in full overflow mode. This doesn't happen often...a few poor quality photos from my phone up on my blog: http://runningdelights.blogspot.co.u...nathon-16.html

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Just been for a run around Derwent and Howden dams - if you're in the area it's worth a visit as both dams are in full overflow mode. This doesn't happen often...a few poor quality photos from my phone up on my blog: http://runningdelights.blogspot.co.u...nathon-16.html
    Sounds like you had a good run. I'm stuck indoors writing annual reports.
    Might take the kids for a cycle to look at the dams at the weekend if its not chucking it down too much, thanks for the 'heads-up'

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Can somebody answer a question for me. When people put up photos on Flickr from, say Sunday's Trigger, can I legally swipe one to put on my blog?
    For me a credit is nice/polite but not expected.

Just been sent this. It's nice to get a good write up even better when it's on a blog.

http://brinsleyrunner.blogspot.co.uk...avigation.html

I've started one, but I only put races on it and it's not got many entries yet. Mainly for me to record how the race went for posterity rather than for others to look at it though.

I've eventually got around to making my own website and have transferred all my blog posts from my old Wordpress one: www.samharrison-ml.co.uk

Anyway, I thought I'd post here because the latest post is about a fell run: http://www.samharrison-ml.co.uk/blog...ons-in-one-day

There's a prize for whoever can guess where the background picture is (made harder by the fact you can't see it all at once!).