Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 LastLast

Thread: Fell running blogs

An ill fated trip to the lakes last weekend...
    https://wp.me/p2K97L-vK

Pennine AGM last Thursday, and with nobody caring we decided to scrap our blog on the Website. We are paying for server disk space and nobody was contributing to/or even reading the articles. I guess creating our private Facebook page contributed to it as people now use that for disseminating information/a bit of banter. Are we just getting too lazy to read/write longer articles? I just lost interest in my own blog as have many others I guess.

I personally love to read a good blog report. But I guess we all have personal preferences and dislikes. As a keen racer, I'm not really interested in blogs about training runs, or long-winded details of someone's arrangements the night before (although a bit of context is undoubtedly a good thing).

The best blog page in my view is Tested To Destruction, I'm sure the guy is on here. Also a fan of Calvin's page, which has a good balance between race history, training and then the race itself.

Unfortunately too many blogs are not fantastically written and are pretty uninteresting to anyone but the writer themselves, as a record of their day.

(As a regular contributor to the training page on this very forum, I'm fully aware of my hypocrisy here, as I'm sure nobody really cares about my weekly track sessions either!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    An ill fated trip to the lakes last weekend...
    https://wp.me/p2K97L-vK
    Very much enjoyed that read Ally - thank you. Captivating narrative as I sit here, in the warm, nursing a dodgy ankle. Made me smile and wince in equal measure, recognising my very own, not dissimilar, navigational f-ups over the years. Bloody great effort on the run and you're right 'it's great' .
    Am Yisrael Chai

Talking with Billy, Joss and at Wilfs: https://itsahill.wordpress.com/2018/...book-ventures/

A bit about Marmot Dark Mountains last weekend here. I'm not sure how often Steve Birkenshaw gets on here, but he's written something also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    A bit about Marmot Dark Mountains last weekend here. I'm not sure how often Steve Birkenshaw gets on here, but he's written something also.
    Great report Ally (we were there doing the Long Score), but I'm curious. At what point did you realise you'd gone to the wrong control? Surely if you'd realised soon enough you could've gone back to the correct one and everything would have been ok.

You forgot to mention the heather

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    (As a regular contributor to the training page on this very forum, I'm fully aware of my hypocrisy here, as I'm sure nobody really cares about my weekly track sessions either!)
    Awwww, keep at it Travs, I care. Actually, I really like the training posts as it often gives me ideas to incorporate into my own. I will often transpose "track" "for run around our field" :-)
    I also love a good blog. The hubby started one when embarking on his 50@50 but due to work pressures he had to give that up at about Race 24. He is going to write a report at the end of the Challenge.
    Good news is, he has just left for his last day at his current job and starts a new one on Monday. A good move to what seems to be a really good, proactive company.
    Keep on blogging guys :-)

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    Good news is, he has just left for his last day at his current job and starts a new one on Monday. A good move to what seems to be a really good, proactive company.
    No more 86-hour working weeks, then?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges