Thread: Lakes Routes

Lakes Routes

I'm very exited because I'm staying in Ambleside for a few days next week and I'm looking for suggestions for a couple of good morning runs, looking to get them in before the kids get up etc..

Currently thinking the Fairfield Horseshoe, but its been that long since I was a fell walker in the area (over 20 years ago) I can't think of anything in the area the in the same league in terms of distance c 10 miles, and relative ease of terrain..

Happy enough on the high fells in terms of navigation, just so long since I was in the lakes and don't want to end up like I did last month, scrambling up the north face of Tryfan on my own in the wet!

Re: Lakes Routes

Quote Originally Posted by djglover View Post
    I'm very exited because I'm staying in Ambleside for a few days next week and I'm looking for suggestions for a couple of good morning runs, looking to get them in before the kids get up etc..

Currently thinking the Fairfield Horseshoe, but its been that long since I was a fell walker in the area (over 20 years ago) I can't think of anything in the area the in the same league in terms of distance c 10 miles, and relative ease of terrain..

Happy enough on the high fells in terms of navigation, just so long since I was in the lakes and don't want to end up like I did last month, scrambling up the north face of Tryfan on my own in the wet!
    there is the loughrigg/ silver Howe course from the recent championship race that started from Ambleside or once up silver Howe follow the ridge across to Stickle tarn which is overlooked by Pavey Ark and great views over Langdale.
    Go over Loughrigg and drop into Elterwater.
    hope that helps

a little trot up to wansfell and surrounding area makes a grand short outing

have fun
    I can resist everything but temptation

http://ultrarunningcollie.blogspot.com/

Up Scandale to Scandale Pass, then Red Screes and back down the ridge to Ambleside.

Thanks for the suggestions, did the silver Howe course on Monday and Fairfield today. A little sore now as I also raced at ingleborough on Saturday