Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pen Y Fan / Fan Y Big

Pen Y Fan / Fan Y Big

Is anyone going from the Bath/Bristol area that would be interested in a lift share?

H

Re: Pen Y Fan / Fan Y Big

Hi Helen - sorry can't help, but this makes me think perhaps should put a forum thingy onto the Brecon Fans race web site for people to share info. Probably more people are looking at that than this forum. Have had 90 people on the race web site today!
    Do you have anywhere to stay? I know some folk will be camping in Cwm Llwch, others at Priory Mill campsite in Brecon.
    see you on race day... will the Palmer-monster reclaim his crown??? Will anyone get anywhere near the record...?
    Last edited by Petal; 14-07-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Of course no one is going to get the record Petal, the prize money will have to roll over again...

Sadly not staying in the Priory Mill (fully booked when I got round to checking) but just down the road in Bishops Meadow. Am passing but down the M50 Helen, probably not a lot of use especially with the 3 dogs and I've just seen how much kit we've got to get in the car... :w00t:
    'Normal' people are the ones you don't know very well.

Weather looking perfect, as usual !

Quote Originally Posted by Helen0779 View Post
    Is anyone going from the Bath/Bristol area that would be interested in a lift share?
    Sorry... off camping on the Gower for the weekend - and then off to Corsica for almsot 3weeks - GR20 here we come!
    "You gotta put a little bit of ****ing fairy dust over the bastard"

Wink Re: Pen Y Fan / Fan Y Big

Looking forward to tomorrow's race.

If anything like last time I'll be the one rolly-pollying from the summit to the stream!

im in for the sat race, not sure ive earned enough 'run points' for sunday as ive not been home for two weeks but we will have to see.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Looking out the window... Pen y Fan is in cloud and the ground is wet, but it's not actually raining.

Many thanks to the race organisers for another great day. The weather fortunately was good to everyone. Just a shame that due to a lack of training over the last 2 months I dropped my time by a disappointing 3 mins - quite a pityful performance really but still a cracking day. Thanks to everyone :thumbup::thumbup:
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Pen y Fan results and photos are all on the web site.
    A good win for Jones brothers and Helen Fines. Mens series prize wide open, because none of the top 4 from Pen y Fan are running at Fan y Big today. In the womens race, Helen will need to curb that tendency to visit Talybont, but otherwise looks unbeatable.