Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMM Adventure Light 20

OMM Adventure Light 20

Just got one of these babies and sussing out all the various straps and fittings. It's probably bleeding obvious but how do I fit the bladder in? If I stick my CBack bladder in it the back section it just slips down. Cheers.

Re: OMM Adventure Light 20

Quote Originally Posted by downsman View Post
    but how do I fit the bladder in? If I stick my CBack bladder in it the back section it just slips down.
    I have one. The bladder is designed to go in the back panel between the sac fabric and the sit mat. Or I guess it could go loose in the sac.

A Platypus or Source bladder is probably rigid/long enough not to slip down.

Use the i-Gamy bottle holders on the shoulder straps myself.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

As the bag was delivered, there's a length of fabric secured inside the sack: at the bottom with velcro, and at the top with two clips. I put the bladder between the fabric and the back padding, pushing the two clips thru the holes in the top of my bladder, then pulling the cords tight.

Bit of a bodge, Seems to do the trick, tho' s'pose it depends on the design/make of the bladder.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

However you do it, it's a good sack. The only issue I had with it (for a while) was that the load inside all slipped down to the bottom of the bag, and sat strangely against the small of my back. But, a bit of care when packing, and using the compression thingy properly, seemed to do the trick.
    It's the only one from which I've been able to easily get bottles from the side pockets. I just slack the shoulder straps off momentarily so the pack drops lower down my back, reach round for the bottle, replace bottle and re-tighten shoulder straps. Easy!

Quote Originally Posted by plodding bear View Post
    It's the only one from which I've been able to easily get bottles from the side pockets. I just slack the shoulder straps off momentarily so the pack drops lower down my back, reach round for the bottle, replace bottle and re-tighten shoulder straps. Easy!
    PB, agreed.

I can't get anything out of the Last Drop side pockets.

But these are angled nicely forward and even I can get at stuff in those pockets.

That compression net on the outside is a belter too; great for just stuffing gear under quickly and keeping it secure, while serving a secondary useful purpose.

Thanks - I bought a new bladder last week (dirt cheap from sportsdirect) and it fits nice and neat. Can't fina any bottle small enough to go in those side nets though.

Quote Originally Posted by downsman View Post
    Thanks - I bought a new bladder last week (dirt cheap from sportsdirect) and it fits nice and neat. Can't fina any bottle small enough to go in those side nets though.
    Re-use any standard 500ml soft drinks bottle.

I stopped using the bladder after one attempt cos I just don't get on with them - but I did find as you say that even with a 1ltr platypus bottle it would tend to slide to one side and bulge out through the padding, leading to an uneven fit against my back.

Other than that, it's a great sack.

If you needed extra capacity could this sac be used in conjunction with a bum bag (like the Last Drop can be) although I appreciate it's not really designed to. Or does it rest too low on the back? It would just be nice to have access to one or two other bits and pieces without having to take the sac off.

Having said that it looks pretty good as it is - the accessible bottle holsters are a great feature.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    If you needed extra capacity could this sac be used in conjunction with a bum bag (like the Last Drop can be) although I appreciate it's not really designed to. Or does it rest too low on the back? It would just be nice to have access to one or two other bits and pieces without having to take the sac off.

Having said that it looks pretty good as it is - the accessible bottle holsters are a great feature.
    Tony

I'm pretty sure the sac rides high enough to get a bum-bag underneath, but haven't tried it yet.

For a 2 day trip in the Alps, the sac was nowhere near full, though we weren't carrying tent, sleeping bags or mats, but were carrying some evening gear for the dining room and plenty of warm clothes due to a nasty looking weather forecast.

I'm guessing it's a generous 20 litres?