Thread: Garmin Connect map not showing

Garmin Connect map not showing

Suddenly Garmin Connect is not showing the map for any of my Activities, including all those for which it showed a map in the past. It does show various graphs. Suggestions, please? I get the same problem in Firefox and IE.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Re: Garmin Connect map not sho

Just rang Garmin helpline for the 2nd time, and got a really simple solution. Just wish they had been able to come up with this BEFORE I reset my computer etc etc.

What was the solution please? I frequently have this problem, it seems random.

Quote Originally Posted by Latege View Post
    What was the solution please? I frequently have this problem, it seems random.
    Hi Latege, log into Garmin Connect. On the Dashboard page you should see a map of your latest Activity. If not, I think you have a different problem from mine. Click on one of the Activities you see there. Now on the right you should see a square containing the map of your Activity. Above the box containing the map, to the left, is the word "Map". Move your cursor from the word Map leftwards until it changes into a hand. Click here to change to no map. Alternatively, if you got no map in the first place, click where you see the hand, to the left of "Map", and the map will appear.

Ironically, after sorting that out I did a 4 mile run with Garmin, and when I downloaded it the map appeared, but it was wrong! (I find this happens sometimes, today perhaps due to the rain clouds over my head.)

Hmm, it doesn't seem to work for me. I get the 'hand' when I hover over the down arrow next to the map icon but nothing happens when I click on it. I can work around by looking at the 'Player' instead of 'Details' but not ideal. Ho hum.

......actually nothing was happening when I clicked any of the down arrows (next to Elevation, Timing, etc.) then I clicked 'Disable elevation corrections' and now everything is working! Seems like random gremlins in the Garmin site. Thanks for the tip when it is working though!

Hmm, it doesn't seem to work for me. I get the 'hand' when I hover over the down arrow next to the map icon but nothing happens when I click on it. I can work around by looking at the 'Player' instead of 'Details' but not ideal. Ho hum.

......actually nothing was happening when I clicked any of the down arrows (next to Elevation, Timing, etc.) then I clicked 'Disable elevation corrections' and now everything is working! Seems like random gremlins in the Garmin site. Thanks for the tip when it is working though!
    Well, you're lucky - I don't have any down arrows at all! My latest struggle is with the "Training Zones". I am trying to alter my resting and max HRs without success. Any suggestions?

Sorry, I don't see any "Training Zones" on my page. Maybe it depends on your device type? (I have a 305). As far as I know I can only change my HR zones etc. on the actucal device or the Centre software on my computer.

Sorry, I don't see any "Training Zones" on my page. Maybe it depends on your device type? (I have a 305). As far as I know I can only change my HR zones etc. on the actucal device or the Centre software on my computer.
    If I go to the Dashboard, click on Settings top R then on Training Zones on the Left I get Heart Rate Zones. This shows my RHR as 0 and my Max as 185 - neither of which is correct. Maybe the way forward is to find a way to reset these on my 310XT.

Yes, found it now. But I'm afraid I can't help because it works fine for me (at the moment at least). I just put the cursor in the box and type the value I want. Won't be sending it to my device though - Garmin seem to have decided that we have to have contiguous HR zones and I use overlapping ones. I can set those on my device and in (an old version -3.5.3) Garmin Centre on my computer (I'm not upgrading to the newer version precisely because it forces you to use contiguous zones).