Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Of The Lakes Rydal Round

FellMonster

Re: Rydal Round

I understand its virtually identical to Fairfield bar the start and finish areas.

Sometimes, young Fowler (P-S- whats with the 765?????) its best just to jump in and spare the toe-dipping.

The 765, hmmm im not sure to be honest. I think I made it like that because its my user name for other things so to keep things simple; remembering it and all that, i just used it. Also, it was incase there was another Fowler on the forum when i first signed up to this forum.

FellMonster

If it was a case of just to keep it the same as other login's- well then I'm afraid the question still stands......whats with the 765???

Anyways, have a think about my comments young sir about diving in and toe-dipping......perfectly apt for lovely summer weather......

sometimes you just need to dive in......otherwise, you may as well just sit around drinking beer and growing moustache's with your best friend Robert....perhaps he even has a moustache comb and a nipple clamp????

Graeme

There's a thread on the forum somewhere, I think the checkpoints are Fairfield and Low Pike, that's about it.

Is this one on 31st July? I also missed The Fairfield so this would possibly be good for my first Lakes race.

Fell Monster, the 765 is simple because of its position on the keyboard, the three numbers are right next to each other and without thinking i just picked them. So no real reason just i decided on three numbers at the end of my user name and my left index finger typed them in i suppose.

Whats the guides race; sorry in adance if this is a studid question.

Don't forget, the Borrowdale is only 2 days later than the Rydal Round this year.

Thought I had better mention it here aswell as the other thread. Don't forget that the Borrowdale Race is only 2 days after the Rydal Round this year.

Quote Originally Posted by fowler765 View Post
    Whats the guides race; sorry in adance if this is a studid question.
    The guides race is the Bofra race ie the short sharp race. It is possible (although mad) to do this and the Rydal Round, if you are pretty quick on the long one.

Guides refers to the fact that these races were undertaken by local mountain guides, often farmer's sons. It has a very long history - take a look at Feet in the Clouds by Richard Asquith.