Thread: New shoes?

New shoes?

The UTMB is nearly upon us! Been checking over my kit and when a looking at my Roclite 285s I realised that they are starting to look a bit worse for wear; few tears in the fabric on the inside and the front is slightly pulling away.

Starting to question whether to get a new pair in before the big race? My concern is that the support they privde is compromised and could cause an issue in the race. However, I don't want to splash out on yet another pair of trainers and they still feel alright.

I realise it may be a matter of preference but wondered what your thoughts were?

Re: New shoes?

My approach is to retire a pair of shoes from the important/long races once they're looking a bit dodgy, & buy a new pair. Then I wear the old ones out on training runs & shorter/less important races. That way I get maximum wear out of my shoes, but always have good tread & reliable shoes for the big events. It doesn't cost any more in the long run.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Re: New shoes?

The fact that you are asking yourself the question is all the answer you need.

With all the other stuff that will be going on in your head and on the trail, take one issue off the table and get a new pair now and get them comfy before race day.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.