Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradwell Fell Race

Master and MR

bradwell fell race

this race is next tuesday and i cant believe ive never done it
    can anyone give me the route ?

Master

Re: bradwell fell race

Yeah it starts in Bradwell and then climbs and descends a bit before finishing in Bradwell :P
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    Yeah it starts in Bradwell and then climbs and descends a bit before finishing in Bradwell :P
    Tom have you not got any more detailed information. I think id already worked out the start and finish.
    I need details my friend.
    Hope your well

Daz, My memory is dreadful and it's a few years since I've done this one but here goes:
    Starts at a playing field next to the road at the Northern tip of the village, follows the road through the village and branches left up some side streets.
    A path is followed up a steep climb to the top of Bradwell Edge. From here the race crosses pasture and open moorland until it picks up a rough stony track with
    a longish descent towards Brough. A sharp left turn and a narrow path leads to a farm and another stoney track which turns into a concrete road leading back to
    the playing field.
    The terrain underfoot is mainly grass and rough tracks, very similar in nature to the Stoney Middleton race last Thursday
    Good luck
    Do what you like, like what you do

Master and MR

Info much appreciated

Master

Welll done to Alan and his team for organising this last night. great race, faster pace than most i've done but quite pleased with 20th. I wonder why Stuart was not running last night but took his place in cheering the rest of us on?

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Welll done to Alan and his team for organising this last night. great race, faster pace than most i've done but quite pleased with 20th. I wonder why Stuart was not running last night but took his place in cheering the rest of us on?
    Nice one Corniceman. I guess Stuart might have been saving himself for Cracken Edge tonight.

Mrs Noel said she liked the different finish, relative to the stony track and road from a few years ago.

Super little race. Was a bit surprised by the lightning quick start but managed to hold onto the coat tails of the front pack long enough to get a decent position on the first climb and hold it together from there. Was pleased with 15th in the end, although I found myself wussing a bit on the last descent which is not like me - injury mental hangover?!

Had the pleasure of properly meeting Daz H and also Mrs Noel post race. Very nice to meet you.

Thanks to the organisers and marshalls for a great event. Male course record went I think...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

I did this last year as my first ever fell run and returned last night to see if it was any easier - it wasn't the ascent and final descent as hard as I remember. Still a lovely race, friendly and nice to see the locals cheering us on during that initial sprint along the road. Like simgreen I struggle with the first part of that final descent - just a bit too steep, but managed to knock 2m off my time from last year and came home in 39m.

Where will the actual results be posted? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by simgreen78 View Post
    Super little race. Was a bit surprised by the lightning quick start but managed to hold onto the coat tails of the front pack long enough to get a decent position on the first climb and hold it together from there. Was pleased with 15th in the end, although I found myself wussing a bit on the last descent which is not like me - injury mental hangover?!

Had the pleasure of properly meeting Daz H and also Mrs Noel post race. Very nice to meet you.

Thanks to the organisers and marshalls for a great event. Male course record went I think...
    Ah, so it was you. Mrs Noel said she'd met Daz H and was talking to mystery tall, young dark peaker. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on you here Simon, but I wouldn't have called you tall.

Anyway, she seemed to have enjoyed both the race and the post-match banter.

Nice one on finishing 15th.