Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradwell Fell Race

Master and MR

Re: bradwell fell race

[QUOTE=simgreen78;352185]Super little race. Was a bit surprised by the lightning quick start but managed to hold onto the coat tails of the front pack long enough to get a decent position on the first climb and hold it together from there. Was pleased with 15th in the end, although I found myself wussing a bit on the last descent which is not like me - injury mental hangover?!

Had the pleasure of properly meeting Daz H and also Mrs Noel post race. Very nice to meet you.

Yes good to me you mate and nice to meet Mrs Noel. Im sure she won the race ?.
    It was a very fast start to those steps in the village. Perfect running conditions mind. I enjoyed the route and loved the steep uneven descent and did my usual leap and clear the cattle grid.
    Mrs Noel and myself were heavily outnumbered by the pesky dark peakers but we did well

Noel I twigged last night who you are. We must have had a few battles in races ?.
    So a special well done to Mrs Noel, brilliant effort

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Ah, so it was you. Mrs Noel said she'd met Daz H and was talking to mystery tall, young dark peaker. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on you here Simon, but I wouldn't have called you tall.

Anyway, she seemed to have enjoyed both the race and the post-match banter.

Nice one on finishing 15th.
    Cheers. I was sat down at the time so the full midget effect probably wasn't properly conveyed. She missed out 'handsome' though...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Quote Originally Posted by simgreen78 View Post
    Cheers. I was sat down at the time so the full midget effect probably wasn't properly conveyed. She missed out 'handsome' though...
    I'll let her know.

Quote Originally Posted by PJAZ View Post
    I did this last year as my first ever fell run and returned last night to see if it was any easier - it wasn't the ascent and final descent as hard as I remember. Still a lovely race, friendly and nice to see the locals cheering us on during that initial sprint along the road. Like simgreen I struggle with the first part of that final descent - just a bit too steep, but managed to knock 2m off my time from last year and came home in 39m.

Where will the actual results be posted? Anyone know?
    PJAZ the results for last year were posted on the FRA site so probably worth keeping an eye on that, don't think there is an official race website.

For PJAZ (and everyone else!), results are now up here: http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results.php?id=346

I did this last week....my first fell run. Not kidding on the fast start & that hill....jeeeeeeeez? Loved the decent though

Oh & I cocked up on my time. Nobody told me to keep going,so stopped just onto the field:thunbdown:. Stood about & then someone told me to run round, so I did. My clock said 46.40, so am going by that but at least I wasn't last . Am going to try the Taddington one that I got a flyer for next, unless there's another one close that's before that?

Results here if no ones added a link...

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results.php?id=346

Hi Betty, welcome to the forum.

If you are looking for a similar type of race, the next 'local' one in the FRA calendar is Ricky's Race at Darley Bridge on the 12th. After that its the next Trunce at Oxspring on the 16th (highly recommended!). I'll def be at the Trunce, bringing a couple of Trunce first timers with me too
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Hi Simon...thanks for that...what time does it start & where do you meet? Oh my nicknames Betty but I'm Liz really

Trunce kicks off at 6.45 pm from the playing fields at Oxspring next to the pub. Only 4.25 miles, 550ft. Good and fast with some fun river crossings...If you search for the Trunce thread on here then you'll get lots of info and pictures.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.