Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gritstone Trail

Gritstone Trail

Been planning to run the full length of the Gritstone Trail for a while, and getting back into it by recce'ing it for a good attempt at a good time. Anyone know what the record time is out of interest? I have no hopes of breaking any records. Offer is open for any locals who want to join me....!
    Mobile: 07854458103 Email: [email protected]

Re: Gritstone Trail

Having run the Sandstone Trail a good few times now I've got my eye on the Gritstone. Looking forward to hearing how you get on John. I'll hopefully be having a go at it sometime over winter but will probably be out to enjoy it rather than go for a good time.

I have recce'd the full route in sections now, I had done most of it previously as part of short training runs. I have no fixed timescale on when I want to run the full trail, saving it til I get a bit fitter. On the runs when I have recce'd sections I was impressed with the views of all the hills that are part of the trail. I plan to run more of the trail as training, maybe half or 20 miles or so of it. It would be nice to have some likeminded people to train with who want to get long days out in the fells every weekend, anyone?!
    Last edited by John Rowlands; 21-08-2011 at 11:18 AM.

When are you running along this route again John? Run a lot in the pennines so some new routes will be good. There's a few of us too.

I might get out Thurs and Sat/Sun this week. 95% of the trail is shown on the OS Congleton & Macclesfield area 1:25000 map, the only bit missing is about 1 mile off the Disley end. Logistically I currently plan to book a cheap train to Disley for when I run the full trail. The more the merrier!

There's a plan for a group from Helsby RC & Congleton Harriers to run the Gritstone Trail on Sat 29 October if anyone wants to join us. More details later! Have a good run John, maybe you'll feel like doing it again in a couple of months :w00t:
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Thanks for the offer Splatcher and i'd like to join you if the offer is still open, would be good to meet new people. Might see some faces I recognise from Congleton Harriers.

lost between Blackstone Edge and Stoodley Pike

John, I will be doing this in a few weeks but have done no recce's of the route. According to the route website it does say waymarked; is it well marked? Did the sandstone trail last year and that was really well marked all the way. I do need to look at route in detail but off hand do you know where there might be any water stops?

Cheers

Gaz

I might be available in a few weeks and fit for running the route, if you want company give me a shout.

lost between Blackstone Edge and Stoodley Pike

Cheers John, will do. Got to do some decorating this weekend to work up some brownie points but will pm you when I get the go ahead from my wife!