Thread: I would have thought in this--

I would have thought in this--

day and age that somebody would have invented a bum bag with a tracker in it or maybe even micro chip PB'S????? surely it would avoid people getting lost and take risk off RO? :thumbup:
    Going to try again....

Re: I would have thought in th

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    day and age that somebody would have invented a bum bag with a tracker in it or maybe even micro chip PB'S????? surely it would avoid people getting lost and take risk off RO? :thumbup:
    Took some working out but I think I've cracked it; PB's = Pete Blands (but Pete Blands what?) or is it Poo Bags or Pit Bulls? RO is easy Race Organiser

I watched the tail end of that 70's film rollerball the other night and in that, when a team member was taken out or run over by a motor bike their light on the score board went out. That would be brilliant in a fell race with maybe a massive map of the course at the start/finish, with each competitors light blinking all the way round or going out as they crashed and burned or timed out

trackers are available Steve but are very expensive if it was a serious Q

Did you ever find a headtorch Steve? One that was really bright and lit up everything?

Hi Amex...ur name is an anagram of EXAM. is this a test? He he he.xx. Being serious tho I think this is a sensible idea. The one thing that put me off racing for a long time was having to wear a race number because I've got a bit of OCD and really don't like putting pin holes in my t-shirts and vests...it really irritates me and I've always felt that race organisers could perhaps do more to help with this. If we were to use trackers we could put them in netball style bibs that could hold the tracker away from our skin but the bobs could also act as race numbers and save us from having to put pin holes in our vests. Thus we would be safe and pin hole free which would really help with my condition. I for one wouldn't mind paying 50p extra for the tracker and bib. Xxxxxx Thanks for your suggestion. I feel better already. KK. xxxx

I like Stolly's idea of a great big illuminated map of the event. It would be good for TV too, as the clag came down and everyone headed off in different, and wrong, directions. Stuart Hall could do the commentary, laughing like a loon at the misfortune of all those taking the wrong route.
    "Ho ho ho, look at runner 234 - he's just wandered over a cliff! Now, let's see how competitor no.3 is doing in the flooded river..."

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Took some working out but I think I've cracked it; PB's = Pete Blands (but Pete Blands what?) or is it Poo Bags or Pit Bulls? RO is easy Race Organiser

I watched the tail end of that 70's film rollerball the other night and in that, when a team member was taken out or run over by a motor bike their light on the score board went out. That would be brilliant in a fell race with maybe a massive map of the course at the start/finish, with each competitors light blinking all the way round or going out as they crashed and burned or timed out
    When out running with the hound, I carry PBs (poo bags) in my OMM bumbag. Is it ok to mix these acronyms and will it pass an FRA mndatory kit-check?

Quote Originally Posted by Keswick_Krumble View Post
    I for one wouldn't mind paying 50p extra for the tracker and bib. Xxxxxx Thanks for your suggestion. I feel better already. KK. xxxx
    KK I don't know the exact figure but you would be looking nearer £50 I would imagine. Dibbers don't broadcast your location only if you've been through a CP IF the RO has paid for control boxesthat broad cast your passing and these are what £8-£9 per person??