Thread: Hats for fat heads

Hats for fat heads

Anyone recommend a waterproof hat or cap for a bloke with a fat head. Had been using one of the Inov8 caps but it's tight enough for me to start worrying about circulation in the old dead weight balanced on my neck. And I don't much like having the hood up on my jacket.

Waterproof preferably, but when it's windy I'll be prepared to retreat to the jacket hood.

Re: Hats for fat heads

Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

yeh, thats about right. Could do with a peak to keep the rain off

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    yeh, thats about right. Could do with a peak to keep the rain off
    No - as you're a fat lad you want a Bandana – they're lightweight and washable and absorb all you're fat lad sweat. :w00t:

To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

I've got an adidas waterproof one I picked up for my large bonce. It's got a simple to use adjuster at the back, so if it's windy I can cinch it in a bit to keep it on. I bought it in an ordinary running shop, didn't have to go anywhere special for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Anyone recommend a waterproof hat or cap for a bloke with a fat head. Had been using one of the Inov8 caps but it's tight enough for me to start worrying about circulation in the old dead weight balanced on my neck. And I don't much like having the hood up on my jacket.

Waterproof preferably, but when it's windy I'll be prepared to retreat to the jacket hood.
    Get a mountain cap Shaun, various brands and are a vital piece of kit in the wilds of Scotland, the only draw back is they may be too warm for you...

bang on with the too warm bit Ian, Ive got a trusty Lowe Alpine one (although I refer to mine as a red neck hat) and I virtually live in it through winter but on a wet and warm day its too much. In the end I've gone for http://www.fieldandtrek.com/outdoor-...at-mens-780194 and will see how I get on. Picked up a new bivi, a real luxury model with a window and everything :-)

PS, back on the hill. Just have to remember how to run and avoid face planting onto rocks!!!!