Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man V Bull

Man V Bull

Great way to improve fitness. Set off an on a steady training run & run through a field with cows & a bull in it. Get chased by said bull for an inpromptu speed session. Uphill aswell. Nice. I did outrun it mind, so all's well on the speed front.

Re: Man V Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Great way to improve fitness. Set off an on a steady training run & run through a field with cows & a bull in it. Get chased by said bull for an inpromptu speed session. Uphill aswell. Nice. I did outrun it mind, so all's well on the speed front.
    I got chased by a Bull and a Male chicken once...................didn't really, just a Cock and Bull story
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    I got chased by a Bull and a Male chicken once...................didn't really, just a Cock and Bull story
    LOL!!!

Jez - for future reference/where to avoid, where was the bull?

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    LOL!!!

Jez - for future reference/where to avoid, where was the bull?
    Yes, Jez, detailed info. please! I wouldn't stand the slightest chance of outrunning the bull.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

In the 1st field down from Hag Farm Lane, Burley Woodhead ! And it was with calves & cows, so ultra touchy !!

Next speed training stop Pamplona?
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1792...ries.htm#start

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    In the 1st field down from Hag Farm Lane, Burley Woodhead ! And it was with calves & cows, so ultra touchy !!
    Thanks Jez. I think I know where u mean - I've had young heifers race across the field towards me just across Moor Road from there - the field with the option of a diagonal path down towards the Hermit or just follow the wall down to the road - which was my preferred option that day!

Out for run at weekend and came to a field with lots of cows, quite young calfs and daddy bull all stood right across the path (when there's a big field / moor why are they always on the path!!!). They didn't move a muscle when we got close, just stood looking at us. We would have had to nigh on push our way through them all. I did the cowardly thing and climbed over the stone wall, negotiated the nettles and long grass in the field on the other side and then climbed back over the wall further down the field!!!

Was a time I'd have carried on regardless...then we got attacked and I'm a scaredy cat now!

Quote Originally Posted by Flopsy View Post
    Out for run at weekend and came to a field with lots of cows, quite young calfs and daddy bull all stood right across the path (when there's a big field / moor why are they always on the path!!!). They didn't move a muscle when we got close, just stood looking at us. We would have had to nigh on push our way through them all. I did the cowardly thing and climbed over the stone wall, negotiated the nettles and long grass in the field on the other side and then climbed back over the wall further down the field!!!

Was a time I'd have carried on regardless...then we got attacked and I'm a scaredy cat now!

Yes but you live to run another day Flopsy!!!Yay

Yep live to run another day....MTB another day........evade another herd of cows...........

And am I the only one who's been stalked by flocks of sheep too??????????