Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pendleton fell race

Results have been sent to Brett but should also be available here
    http://www.claytonlemoors.org.uk/wp-...14-results.pdf

A change of pace from my more recent posts - to give an early heads up for Pendleton Fell Race on Saturday 29th August (Bank Holiday weekend) . Come and enjoy the delights of this classic AS race. Just turn up at the village hall before 2.00pm with £3.50 in your hand and you'll be guaranteed a great run out on this "lovely" AS route. The village cake stall will be there and the pub will be open for all finishers. Did I mention it's an A category race? - just in case anybody needs one under their belt !!!!

Cheers

Mike

Hoping to be there, Mike - looking forward to it
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Only managed to watch my wife, daughter and athletes I coach in the past - hopefully I'll get this in before the Royal Rumble at Tockholes on the Monday.

I'd initially planned to do Darwen Gala next, but looks like that might be tricky as wife is at Turf Moor 12:30 KO and I can't see I'll get a babysitter.
    Pendleton would be a good option.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Gutted i'll miss it this year as i'll be in Skiathos, on a sun lounger, with a beer
    Wayne McIntosh - Clayton-le-Moors Harriers

Fellrunning Blog

So get your Bank Holiday weekend off to a great start with an AS blast at Pendleton. Only £3.50 cash.

Usual village cake stand and running gear from Linda & John Bostock. CAMRA winning pub should be open (it was last year).

Weather forecast to be bright & breezy - please bring body cover with you and look at the advisory notice in the village hall.

Heads up that a well known forum member is looking to complete 30 consecutive Pendletons - he will be mentioned in despatches on Saturday and it would be good for our running community to be there to show their appreciation to a stalwart of our sport. (you'd better be there Mark - after that build up )

Please park responsibly in the village and do not block driveways. There will be a head count into the start field 10 mins before the start.
    I will be flagging the course tomorrow evening and will report on the ground conditions later.

Finally if anybody is at a loose end but is turning up to spectate I may still need a couple of marshals around the village so please let me know if you can help.

Thanks for your support

Mike

Think I might have a go at this race tomorrow if there's nothing else to do
    See the light in the night

ok - route now flagged. Bracken on the second climb up to the Memorial Cairn is not as high as previous years but well before that the short drop and climb in and out of Swardean Clough seemed tougher than ever and the tussocks generally don't get any easier. Bit of give in the ground on the long descent which always helps.

There is now a small cairn on the summit of Apronfull Hill that hasn't been there in many a year. You may not agree with cairns but it somehow seems fitting since this was the highest point on the original Pendleton Race before the route was extended in the mid 1980's.

Do hope to see you there; 2pm start - please park carefully.

Cheers Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Foot View Post
    ok - route now flagged. Bracken on the second climb up to the Memorial Cairn is not as high as previous years but well before that the short drop and climb in and out of Swardean Clough seemed tougher than ever and the tussocks generally don't get any easier. Bit of give in the ground on the long descent which always helps.

There is now a small cairn on the summit of Apronfull Hill that hasn't been there in many a year. You may not agree with cairns but it somehow seems fitting since this was the highest point on the original Pendleton Race before the route was extended in the mid 1980's.

Do hope to see you there; 2pm start - please park carefully.

Cheers Mike
    Thanks Mike. Am I right in thinking it was one of the climbs on the Pendle 3 Peaks last week? Enjoyed that climb if I'm right in my thinking...see you tomorrow!
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by Darwen Dashers Calvin View Post
    Thanks Mike. Am I right in thinking it was one of the climbs on the Pendle 3 Peaks last week? Enjoyed that climb if I'm right in my thinking...see you tomorrow!
    Nope, at Pendleton you run down that climb on the return journey.
    Please say hi when you seem me tomorrow.

Cheers

Mike