Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pendleton fell race

Pendleton 29th August

Can anyone let me know the route for this race? I did a search but could not come up with any details, just that it is a bit heavy going! It will be my second fell race, Ingleborough was my 1st which I really enjoyed. It is hard to do many races as I live in Kent but I am going to try and fit a race in every time I am visiting family in the North West.

Master

Re: Pendleton 29th August

Quote Originally Posted by Sleet Magnet View Post
    Can anyone let me know the route for this race? I did a search but could not come up with any details, just that it is a bit heavy going! It will be my second fell race, Ingleborough was my 1st which I really enjoyed. It is hard to do many races as I live in Kent but I am going to try and fit a race in every time I am visiting family in the North West.
    cracking race. A bit of a run round the field at the start to separate the field. Then a bit along the road. Onto a boggy undgulating field. Then a long runnable climb with a road crossing about half way up. A steep descent and then back up on a steep climb through some heathery stuff. At the top and nice long descent onto a track and then back through the field and to the finish. Good cakes at the end
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Thanks for the info Tom, I hope there are still some cakes left when I finish!

ive never done this race before as its allways clashed with something i should do it as its very local
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    ive never done this race before as its allways clashed with something i should do it as its very local
    Very fast race Scott, set off with Tom Addison last year As you can imagine I died a bit later on. Cracking race though, well once you get off that really runnable climb which goes on for ages
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by WillMarsh View Post
    Very fast race Scott, set off with Tom Addison last year As you can imagine I died a bit later on. Cracking race though, well once you get off that really runnable climb which goes on for ages
    First time i saw you and swifty other than the MGS relays and Northern Schools. You are a lot better now and im probably worse
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Quote Originally Posted by WillMarsh View Post
    ino which one you mean i used to train with jack thompson in that he left me for dead on anyrunnable climb not to far ahead going up stuff like the big end though he just has a good ability to get his normal speed back after coming up big climbs thts were i loose out
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Pendleton Fell Race

Just a reminder for those without an entry for Dentdale that this little classic is available next Saturday starting 2.00 pm. Registration is in Pendleton village hall. For any newcomers this is a great AS up & down race
    (1500' - 5mile) The bracken is growing nice & high and the descent is as fast as ever.
    Hope to see you there.

Re: Pendleton Fell Race

And there's usually cakes and produce from one of the villagers stalls.

Great race, not to be missed. This will be my 24th consecutive Pendleton.
    See the light in the night

Re: Pendleton Fell Race

And the pubs rather nice I'll be there. Not sure about the race though