Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's 14th run in 14 days...

Re: Today's 14th run in 14 day

Good going Stolly, after a record? Where at tonight?

21 runs in 21 now

An absolutely brilliant 7 miler up Whernside on Saturday from Ribblehead, running up the long 3P walkers route loop (brilliantly runnable all the way) and then down the steep side descent beside the wall and back to Ribblehead under the arches. A lovely 6 mile run on Sunday too from Settle although, for some reason, I had it in my head that it was the Settle Loop race that morning and mid run decided to climb up a crag for a grandstand view.... of no race at all other than Ze Monsta and his friend trotting by and the usual hundreds of sheep mooching about. Managed to include a spooky visit to Victoria Cave after that before trotting back to Settle for tea and buttered tea cakes. Yum...

So far having returned from a weeks camping in the Lakes when I hardly ran at all, I've now managed 128 miles, almost all in the hills, in the last 3 weeks. Its becoming a bit of an obsession now and I've got to keep it going....

You're doing better than me Stolly. I managed 5 runs in 5 days a couple of weeks back. I've been hobbling round with a knackered achillies since.... :thunbdown:

Well done Stolly :thumbup:

Its one in one for me at the moment
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    21 runs in 21 now

So far having returned from a weeks camping in the Lakes when I hardly ran at all, I've now managed 128 miles, almost all in the hills, in the last 3 weeks. Its becoming a bit of an obsession now and I've got to keep it going....
    It is not just the number of runs that is excellent but the fact that all of them are in stunning countryside.

I am completely envious and jealous of your fortune of being able to train in such an area, as compared to myself - running the dirty, grotty streets of Northwood, London.

Nice one mate - keep them going and enjoy the surroundings.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Quote Originally Posted by sore legs View Post
    It is not just the number of runs that is excellent but the fact that all of them are in stunning countryside.

I am completely envious and jealous of your fortune of being able to train in such an area, as compared to myself - running the dirty, grotty streets of Northwood, London.

Nice one mate - keep them going and enjoy the surroundings.
    At the minute I can keep away from 'grotty' running but currently two of my evening runs in the week are in the woods and moors around Ogden Water near Halifax, a really lovely spot (but not in or at all near the Dales). I cart my daughter over to Bradford for her rugby training and Ogden is only 10 minutes away. When it getting dark though her training moves further into the grunge of Bradford and, at that point, I expect my running might not be 'quite' as good as Northwood

36 in 36 now

51 miles week 1
    39 miles week 2
    38 miles week 3
    44 miles week 4
    39 miles week 5
    5.5 miles yesterday

36 in 36 now

51 miles week 1
    39 miles week 2
    38 miles week 3
    44 miles week 4
    39 miles week 5
    5.5 miles yesterday
    Wow! so impressed! You should set up a sponsorship site and raise money or something stolly! :-)
    and we run because we like it through the broad bright land

Quote Originally Posted by freckle View Post
    Wow! so impressed! You should set up a sponsorship site and raise money or something stolly! :-)
    Sod sponsorship Claire!! And yeah, despite my personal dislike of all things sponsored, I've just forked out for one person I know who ran the great north run, another who swam a mile in a lake or something and another who walked (yes just flipping walked) up Ben Nevis!!!

I'm now at 43 in 43 by the way, with 52 miles for week 6. Just a three and a half miler tonight

Sod sponsorship Claire!! And yeah, despite my personal dislike of all things sponsored, I've just forked out for one person I know who ran the great north run, another who swam a mile in a lake or something and another who walked (yes just flipping walked) up Ben Nevis!!!

I'm now at 43 in 43 by the way, with 52 miles for week 6. Just a three and a half miler tonight
    he he! well done anyway...just take it easy tho, don't want you to carke it before simonside !
    and we run because we like it through the broad bright land