Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hodder valley

Anyone seen any results for this one? I did it and can't find any results yet...
    LIFE...........for a limited period only!

I've been checking the hodder valley show web site, Bowland fell runners and the FRA race results, but can't see anything yet.

A quick "heads up".

This Saturday, 10th Sept, Boarsden Farm between Dunsop Bridge and Newton-in-Bowland.

See FRA Fixtures for finer details.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 08-09-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

The fra fixture list says it's a new route this year. Are there any route descriptions or a map anywhere? I can't find anything on the Bowland website.
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    The fra fixture list says it's a new route this year. Are there any route descriptions or a map anywhere? I can't find anything on the Bowland website.
    Mark, from Boarsden Farm the route crosses the road and climbs the steep field to the N and across further fields ( not on RoW or public access) to pick up the Public Footpath W past Rough Syke Barn & Back of Hill Barn to Beatrix Farm (pretty much as 6 years ago), whence it goes up the E side of Beatrix Wood ( in a 'rough' enclosure ) to a very boggy gateway at the top of the enclosure and out onto the fell. Then on an obvious trod/quad track NE to the trig on Burn Fell. Turn around and retrace home. TAKE CARE the stock wire along the top wall of the rough enclosure (above the wood) is LIVE - as one of our members discovered on Tuesday evening on the marshals' recce.
    Claggy has been out flagging the upper section today and the RO will flag the lower fields early on Saturday morning.

All The Best,

Ian.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 08-09-2016 at 09:56 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Thanks WD. Hope the weather holds out and there's a good turnout for the show.

Thanks to the organisers and marshalls (of which there were many). It was a new route this year and navigation was not an issue, although it did take me 2 laps of the big marquee to find the registration desk. Once registered I enjoyed an hour touring the showground. The sheep shearing contest was won in just 36 seconds (must have had training from Joss Naylor) and once the pig racing was finished the fell runners brought some colour to the main ring. Once set off we headed up a couple of steep climbs to the top of the fell, turned round, then straight back down again. At the finish line I was greeted with the option of cheese or a bottle of Bowland beer. Well, after 7 miles of lung bursting activity the decision was easy. Following a short drive to Clitheroe I met up with other runners in the new Bowland Brewery at Holmes Mill. There was no option of cheese here so a pint of Hen Harrier went down well. So, for £10 or so, what better way to spend a day in the Ribble Valley.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Thanks to the organisers and marshalls (of which there were many). It was a new route this year and navigation was not an issue, although it did take me 2 laps of the big marquee to find the registration desk. Once registered I enjoyed an hour touring the showground. The sheep shearing contest was won in just 36 seconds (must have had training from Joss Naylor) and once the pig racing was finished the fell runners brought some colour to the main ring. Once set off we headed up a couple of steep climbs to the top of the fell, turned round, then straight back down again. At the finish line I was greeted with the option of cheese or a bottle of Bowland beer. Well, after 7 miles of lung bursting activity the decision was easy. Following a short drive to Clitheroe I met up with other runners in the new Bowland Brewery at Holmes Mill. There was no option of cheese here so a pint of Hen Harrier went down well. So, for £10 or so, what better way to spend a day in the Ribble Valley.
    Mapper. I echo everything you have said and well worth the drive up from a wet Nottingham. Great show and good race.