Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cavendish to race in Tour

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Re: Cavendish to race in Tour

Agreed, shame it was called off & also a shame that Jens crashed out yesterday.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Lived in Old Glossop up to May 2007 - Now live in New Hampshire USA

Richard, I live near Blackpool where the stage was due to finish today on the prom. Conditions are pretty horrendous and it is no surprise they called it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Todays stage cancelled because of weather conditions. It should have passed 5 miles from here and there is a bit of wind but nothing like what was forecast. Seems a bit over the top to cancel but i suppose the organisers know best

Quote Originally Posted by ajohns352000 View Post
    Richard, I live near Blackpool where the stage was due to finish today on the prom. Conditions are pretty horrendous and it is no surprise they called it off.
    It was due to finish in Blackpool, New Hampshire? Crikey. That was a stage and a half

Quote Originally Posted by ajohns352000 View Post
    The last 5K along the promenade was one of the problem areas. I went for a run over Nicky Nook this morning which is close to one of the King of the Mountains and it wasnt too bad. I suppose they wouldnt have cancelled unless there was no alternative

It was bad around Kendal this morning. Trees down and branches all over the roads. Sensible call really. It didn't spoil things for the start. All the teams were there and there was a really good atmosphere.
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Cav's face was a picture when he was faced by the screaming hoards from Ghyllside School in Kendal. They were all so enthusiastic it was brilliant.

Master

Well I went to Blackpool like a tit and ended up only having fish and chips as oppose to seeing Cav rip it up...disappointed
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Didnt see the point in having the riders do the race route in the team cars, i dont think anyone would be intereted in watching that. They might as well just have gone down the M6

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Didnt see the point in having the riders do the race route in the team cars, i dont think anyone would be intereted in watching that. They might as well just have gone down the M6
    I think it was quite a nice gesture as there were a lot of people turning out on the route to see them. If they'd just shot off to Blackpool it would have left a lot of spectators not knowing what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    I think it was quite a nice gesture as there were a lot of people turning out on the route to see them. If they'd just shot off to Blackpool it would have left a lot of spectators not knowing what was going on.
    Fair enough but seeing Cav wave out of the back of a car wouldnt quite be the same would it.

Do you know what time it was cancelled? Bay Radio was still plugging the race at 10.00 and the start was scheduled for 10.30