Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: English Schools Champs 2011/12

Master

Re: English Schools Champs 201

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post
    Hundreds of images from todays Championship races are online now at

www.athletesinaction.co.uk

password protection enabled - password is mentioned on rear page of race programme
    But what is it for those of us who dont have the race programme?

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    But what is it for those of us who dont have the race programme?
    agree - I didn't even know there was a race programme :O

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    agree - I didn't even know there was a race programme :O
    cockermouth
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

Some great racing today from 340 juniors in Cockermouth, and thanks for the great pictures. But a big thanks to Martin Sluce and his team from Cockermouth school for giving up their Sunday to put on todays race. I thought it really well organised and smooth running, which indicates a lot of thought and effort gone into preparation.

Thanks also to Jim & Cockermouth Schools 6th form IT squad for nailing the results so quickly (despite some challenges from entry form details), Lecky for sorting and managing the entry system/website & Jon Broxop for his assistance with prizes & t-shirts. A special thanks too to Pippa Maddams, World & British Champion, for doing a great job with the prizes and the impromptu interview with Lecky whilst waiting a few minutes for results.

Well done Westholme School on winning the overall School Prize, to all the medallists in all eight categories (results being put onto the esfrc website as I type this) and everyone who took part. It wasnt the Sedbergh hills but the terrain was challenging and varied (so everyone told me!) and Cockermouth School did a great job looking after everybody. Many thanks.
    Last edited by Duncan R; 16-10-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    "You have brains in your head, your feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any direction you choose". Dr Seuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan R View Post
    Some great racing today from 340 juniors in Cockermouth, and thanks for the great pictures. But a big thanks to Martin Sluce and his team from Cockermouth school for giving up their Sunday to put on todays race. I thought it really well organised and smooth running, which indicates a lot of thought and effort gone into preparation.

Thanks also to Jim & Cockermouth Schools 6th form IT squad for nailing the results so quickly (despite some challenges from entry form details), Lecky for sorting and managing the entry system/website & Jon Broxop for his assistance with prizes & t-shirts. A special thanks too to Pippa Maddams, World & British Champion, for doing a great job with the prizes and the impromptu interview with Lecky whilst waiting a few minutes for results.

Well done Westholme School on winning the overall School Prize, to all the medallists in all eight categories (results being put onto the esfrc website as I type this) and everyone who took part. It wasnt the Sedbergh hills but the terrain was challenging and varied (so everyone told me!) and Cockermouth School did a great job looking after everybody. Many thanks.

...and thank you, Duncan.

Graham
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master and MR

A very well done Duncan and all involved.

Video of the Year 10&11 and Year 12&13 races here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVHmcRd2EY4

Other race videos should hopefully be up by this evening

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmuz View Post
    Video of the Year 10&11 and Year 12&13 races here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVHmcRd2EY4

Other race videos should hopefully be up by this evening
    Gazmuz - some great videos you put together and super for the kids. I have one minor bit of criticism if you don't mind. When the races are mixed, the girls get the short straw as the footage may take in the first 25 boys and only the first few girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan R View Post

Yes great effort by everyone Duncan and a worthy venue. Not quite the climb some of the seasoned fell runners are used to but I don't think anyone would say it wasn't a true test.

Video of the year 7, 8 & 9 races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua22yrTS5Yc