Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unattached..

Unattached..

Simple question..

I notice at races some runners' club is 'FRA'.
    I don't belong to a running club of any kind but I am a member of the FRA so, can I run as FRA rather than unattached or N/A?

Re: Unattached..

If you come to my race, you can run as a Seventh Day Adventist or a member of the KGB if you like. I'm sure most race organisers would have the same approach - "You're welcome as long as you comply with the race organiser's rules". You may attached yourself to anything, or nothing.

I am not aware of any fell race organiser who requires affiliation to a governing body. Governing bodies may only govern those who choose to be governed by them.

david

I put FRA on my entry form for the Challenge Stellina in Italy a couple of years ago and ended up running for France .

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I put FRA on my entry form for the Challenge Stellina in Italy a couple of years ago and ended up running for France .
    And winning a very nice prize!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

suprised they didn't give you some onions to go round ya neck, it would have made you feel at home..

OOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by wkb21 View Post
    If you come to my race, you can run as a Seventh Day Adventist or a member of the KGB if you like. I'm sure most race organisers would have the same approach - "You're welcome as long as you comply with the race organiser's rules". You may attached yourself to anything, or nothing.

I am not aware of any fell race organiser who requires affiliation to a governing body. Governing bodies may only govern those who choose to be governed by them.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure what the club affiliation meant in the scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by DanAzz View Post
    Thanks, I wasn't sure what the club affiliation meant in the scheme of things.
    In road races, you pay an unaffiliated surcharge - £2-00. In fell running there's no unaffiliated surcharge. If you want to save £2-00 when you enter a road race, just put down any southern club as they've never adopted a registration scheme, so unless you're planning on winning I doubt you'll ever get found out!

undercover moderator

Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    I'm going to get a large drink
    No not "unhinged", Danazz said "unattached"....

Master and MR

danazz come and join ilkeston

its nice and cosy