Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Basildon Eviction

undercover moderator

Re: Basildon Eviction

Quote Originally Posted by crowhill View Post
    This forum gets more depresssing every day.
    I said that to someone a few weeks ago, and they said I was just reading the wrong threads. Which is actually pretty much what your edit says...

Quote Originally Posted by crowhill View Post
    This forum gets more depresssing every day.
    You must have been interested in the topic to have a look, so why not put your thoughts down?

I think it's the thoughts of some on here that are depressing Crowhill. Me too. I'm definitely not going to Herefordshire.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    You must have been interested in the topic to have a look, so why not put your thoughts down?

I was going to post my thoughts but Crowhill and Grouse lets say are in the same camp as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Never mind the travellers Noel, can you please do something about your avatar before I start calling you Davros
    It's great isn't it? My kids call it my head-maze. It's a talent I've only recently discovered and am therefore proud of it.

If you disagree with something someone has said I would have thought it better to set out your position and explain why you feel someone else's isn't appropriate. Sure there's some rather ludicrous posts that are so ridiculous you really can't and shouldn't take them seriously.

I started the thread with an air of amusement having watched the interview with the guy who had concreted his arm in to the barrel and my initial thought, rightly or wrongly, was what if the bailiffs don't come in now - which has actually happened!

But there is a serious issue here to be considered. Is society correct to put expectations on itself of an order, whether it is buildings, way of life etc? Do we have a responsibility to each other to be good neighbours?
    Are the travellers breaching such responsibilities?
    Do they want their bread buttered on both sides? Access to those parts of our society they like and an opt out to those they don't.

But there is an arrogance in the comment but no comment tactic - it would be better to have not even posted.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    I was going to post my thoughts but Crowhill and Grouse lets say are in the same camp as me.
    I'm with Crowhill, Grouse, nik and daz I think. Sadly, there have been a few times recently when I've been genuinely shocked at the stuff some folk post on here
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    But there is an arrogance in the comment but no comment tactic - it would be better to have not even posted.
    Incorrect :closed:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I'm with Crowhill, Grouse, nik and daz I think.
    I'm with Voltaire: "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

Having said that, a couple of the posts on here are in poor taste even if meant tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I'm with Voltaire:

Having said that, a couple of the posts on here are in poor taste even if meant tongue in cheek.
    I have to agree but having said that I find it hard to have much sympathy for the travellers,who just don't travel! Charging £450 for cutting an old ladies hedge in our village and leaving the clippings on the ground for what was about an hours work!
    Give me the strength to try :sneaky: