Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazy People

Lazy People

Just took my six year old to school. It's an eight minute walk. My neighbour takes her kids in the car and then drives back home! Every day! You can't get near the school because cars are parked all over the pavements. I know it's just a rant but what are we teaching our kids about normal exercise and activity?

Re: Lazy People

On a slightly different tack what about those people who are eating while doing their shopping in the supermarket. Cant you wait until you get outside before you stuff that sausage roll down your fat face?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    On a slightly different tack what about those people who are eating while doing their shopping in the supermarket. Cant you wait until you get outside before you stuff that sausage roll down your fat face?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-doughnut.html

I often wondered if the fat bastards waddling round Asda paid for the stuff they were rammimg down their gullet. As for de Gea, the way he has been playing i'm surprised he didnt drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeyforth View Post
    Just took my six year old to school. It's an eight minute walk. My neighbour takes her kids in the car and then drives back home! Every day! You can't get near the school because cars are parked all over the pavements. I know it's just a rant but what are we teaching our kids about normal exercise and activity?
    Have you thought of trying to discuss it with her tactfully, some times people don't think about their actions. When I was young one of the neighbours thought you had to turn the car engine over everyday or it would seize up. One of my neighbours ran marathons and drove up to the local shop. One day I brought it into the conversation. Never saw him do it again (he drove to another shop....only joking).
    'Take the Long Way Home'

Don't get me started on this one, we live next door to the Village school, there's so many chelsea tractors driving up pavements as they can't find places to park even though most live within 700m of the school. they block pavements and blind corners, even block pram access! and these are mothers.......!!! one comes in a top of the range Landrover Sport SE with mirrowed windows and polished low profile rims with slicks on a lowered suspension...??? erm 4x4 off road.....??? She's blonde and drips ratners....she drives 300m!! crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    yes definately theft until paid for. Use to have this problem in one of my shops, mothers giving kids stuff to keep them happy whilst they shop.

Loads of people at my work drive to the hangar, and it takes longer to get in the car, go round the one way system, park up in the car park to the rear and walk round to the main entrance, than to just simply walk from the block door to door.

Madness!!

Then they'll drive to the gym for "exercise" - some people just don't get it lol

Great Uncle Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Loads of people at my work drive to the hangar, and it takes longer to get in the car, go round the one way system, park up in the car park to the rear and walk round to the main entrance, than to just simply walk from the block door to door.

Madness!!
    Pure lack of leadership, shift FS or WO should be gripping them. Anyone less than Dark Blue gets car pass revoked that'll learn em!

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Don't get me started on this one, we live next door to the Village school, there's so many chelsea tractors driving up pavements as they can't find places to park even though most live within 700m of the school. they block pavements and blind corners, even block pram access! and these are mothers.......!!! one comes in a top of the range Landrover Sport SE with mirrowed windows and polished low profile rims with slicks on a lowered suspension...??? erm 4x4 off road.....??? She's blonde and drips ratners....she drives 300m!! crazy
    I don't see that this woman's choice of car or personal style has anything to do with this debate, but I do share the frustration caused by people ignoring the rules of the road. I'm not suggesting it's easy to achieve (in terms of resource), but the solution surely is for traffic wardens to patrol the area and hand out tickets. Simples.