Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazy People

Re: Lazy People

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndon View Post
    Then they'll drive to the gym for "exercise" - some people just don't get it lol

Its nothing to do with lazyness - the reason women (I can't speak for men) drive their kids to school is that, were they to walk, their hair would get blown and/or rained on..... which as we all know would be too awful to contemplate

I have noticed that my otherwise sane neighbour has started driving her kids to school recently. The school is a 5minute walk from our row (and that's being generous to allow for little legs). I am going to assume that this is due to recurrent mishaps such as the little one wetting herself at the last minute or school books being flushed down the toilet or something because I like my neighbour and I don't want to believe that she has succumbed to laziness or protecting her hair (although she always looks really glamorous and well-groomed, unlike me ).
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I do share the frustration caused by people ignoring the rules of the road. I'm not suggesting it's easy to achieve (in terms of resource), but the solution surely is for traffic wardens to patrol the area and hand out tickets. Simples.
    if only it was that simple, I've talked to the school "out side of school grounds so we can't do any thing" although the kids did a safety project as part of a walk to school programme and handed out safety noticies to parents who parked on paths. The Police..they come round and politely ask people to not to park illeagally in that area, as soon as they've gone they just return, even the council came up watched and never came back, "it's low on our list or priorities!". I've seen dozens of near misses in the last few years. once there is an accident some one will do something about it.
    If this was industry it would be delt with in a week.

sorry about the 4x4 thing, anpother bug bear...

Just noticed a woman picking her little boy up (4 years old) from my neighbours who runs a child minding business. The child has a nasty cough, as they drove off I noticed she was smoking and had all the windows up.

I am wondering about the wisdom of saying something to her and my neighbour.

The last time I saw a similar situation I said something and was told to F*** *ff, they must really love their offsprings. Mind you I'm used to being told to F*c* O*f. "F**k O** T**l" they say.

Warning - language 18+
    'Take the Long Way Home'

My daughter's primary school is really hot on road safety and the leadership has managed to pretty much stop all parking on the side road that the school is on. It is also unofficially turned it into a one-way street during school-run times. The kids take turns being "Pupil Safety Officers" (or some such title) and walk up and down the road with hi-viz vests, asking people to move their cars etc.. I don't think it happened overnight, but it was certainly driven by the school. It's not good enough for them to claim it's not a school matter - that's just weak leadership.

Interesting observation about the police/council attitude - I can easily imagine a mirror-image thread complaining about over-zealous council officials and speed-camera happy coppers.
    Last edited by Stuart; 14-10-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: grammar (hem hem)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr H Tool View Post
    Warning - language 18+
    I love that the warning comes at the end!

Language never gave anyone cancer :sneaky:
    'Take the Long Way Home'

Right. Here's the one that winds me up. I have a favorite route in the hills i often run or cycle, on this 18 mile loop are two very rough tracks i wouldn't dream of driving my car down. I often (pretty much every time i am out there) see people walking dogs by letting the dogs out of the car and driving down these tracks. I find this mind boggling.
    http://www.manxfellrunners.org/
    My island is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dr H Tool View Post
    Just noticed a woman picking her little boy up (4 years old) from my neighbours who runs a child minding business. The child has a nasty cough, as they drove off I noticed she was smoking and had all the windows up.

I am wondering about the wisdom of saying something to her and my neighbour.

The last time I saw a similar situation I said something and was told to F*** *ff, they must really love their offsprings. Mind you I'm used to being told to F*c* O*f. "F**k O** T**l" they say.

Warning - language 18+
    had a similar debate when a "person" drove up on to a pavement blocking a pram access point at a junction, I Very politely asked her if she thought waht she was doing was safe for other parents and path users, she told me she was running late, so again I politely asked her if this was worth a childs life as prams would be forced in the road. she threw a strop and infront of 3 kids let out a set of expletives that would have made a rugby team blush, It wasn't worth the hassle so on leaving I asked her if she kissed her kids with that mouth? HEE HEE!