Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazy People

Re: Lazy People

Quote Originally Posted by Margarine View Post
    What are the underlying reasons?
    Well I suffer with a condition called fibromyalgia & in the early years when I knew very little about it, I couldn't walk very far some days & was really stiff. It just became easier to drive the children to school on the bad days & became habit on the good. Little did I know back then, that being active, though not always easy was much better for me.

Another time I parked close to the gates (but not blocking them but a car length away at least) was because my pelvis collapsed due to symphysis pubis dysfunction & sacroiliac joint dysfunction when pregnant. Some day's I had to use crutches it was so bad but still a useless muppet father asked me in an arrogant way, why I parked where I did, while his br*ts ran amok & thought they'd cross the road themselves. Thankfully nothing was coming but he didn't like my suggestion he pay more attention to minding his offspring, rather than where & heavily pregnant, crippled mother parked.....complete w*nker

Feeding small fry's while shopping was done maybe a couple of times due to an inpromtu shop while in Sheffield. Broken sleep from two babies close in age effects one's brain, so wasn't quite as organised as some seem to be & home shopping wasn't that good when I tried it.

So there you go my 'excuses' for being less than perfect

BB - they are good reasons, not excuses. Like Cyclops said, its easy to jump to the (wrong) conclusions about other people's perceived transgressions. Might get to meet you one day with Cyclops!
    Ali H - Glossopdale Harriers

Quote Originally Posted by wormstone View Post
    BB - they are good reasons, not excuses. Like Cyclops said, its easy to jump to the (wrong) conclusions about other people's perceived transgressions. Might get to meet you one day with Cyclops!
    That would be great :thumbup:

I often eat whilst in the supermarket. Don't really see what the problem is with that?
    Last edited by The devil's own; 16-03-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Quote Originally Posted by Conan187 View Post
    I often eat whilst in the supermarket. Don't really see what the problem is with that?
    You mean you eat stuff you haven't paid for, or you take in food to eat on the way round. Sorry, but I disagree with both.

Perception is everything . If I see a large overweight person eating while walking through town (or in a supermarket) my gut reaction is to consider them lazy and perpetual scoffers. If I see lean fit looking people doing the same then its fine.... of course

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    You mean you eat stuff you haven't paid for, or you take in food to eat on the way round. Sorry, but I disagree with both.
    I'll get a sandwich or such like and pay for it when I get to the till. Your issue with this is?
    "That was the night everything changed"

Quote Originally Posted by Margarine View Post
    What are the underlying reasons?
    Driving kids to school:

one family I know over here in Glossop has 3 kids...all go to different schools and all need to be there for start of school - it just isn't possible for mum or dad to walk them all to each respective school

illness could be another reason

or dropping kids off en route to driving to their job

or dropping kids off then doing food shopping for the week - which you can't always fit inside a rucksack and carry home, or indeed if you live in a rural place it is necessary to drive several miles to the nearest supermarket

parking close to gates: illness or disability - ie parent not able to walk far

kids eating while shopping: could only guess at this one as I don't have kids - but perhaps the kids are hungry!!

That's fair enough. I wasn't having a go. I think we are all lazy, in fact programmed to be so because we are designed for a low calorie environment and to conserve energy for when we really need it like foraging or chasing down prey. I feel sorry for people with weight problems because they are living in an unnatural (i.e. calorie rich) environment and designed to maximise all sources of nutrition. I think that is why dieting is so hard. To be an athlete of any description in our world takes a lot of 'reprogramming' in the form of conscious effort - which isn't alway easy.
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

You're right Marge. And I know where the biscuits are...
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club