Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: UTMB etc 2012

Re: UTMB etc 2012

I have followed this thread since my entry for CCC was accepted.I found everyones comments and advice really useful,many thanks.I found the event to be really friendly and well organised.I was really disappointed to read the latest newsletter from the organisers.It's always the case that a few spoil things for the majority.I think the organisers deserve our support so I shall try to drag the older bones(64) next year around next if selected.Which event? Thats real food for thought,theres enough points in the bag for any of them!Probably try to improve on 961,legs willing!
    Dave

Morgan,

I guess the problem is if it is our big focus for the year not doing the TMB route would be disappointing. I am currently working out my goals for next year - one would be the Ramsay Round having done the PB and BG - but he UTMB would probably be my biggest goal - though I will also probably try and get into the Western States again... The Laveredo Ultra also sounds awesome - having climbed in the Tre Cima doing that would be special.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by simon cox View Post
    Morgan,

I guess the problem is if it is our big focus for the year not doing the TMB route would be disappointing. I am currently working out my goals for next year - one would be the Ramsay Round having done the PB and BG - but he UTMB would probably be my biggest goal - though I will also probably try and get into the Western States again... The Laveredo Ultra also sounds awesome - having climbed in the Tre Cima doing that would be special.

Cheers,
    I was looking at the Laveredo Ultra Trail as well, might make a good UTMB/CCC alternative, and reasonably priced too.

I did the Laveredo this year and would highly recommend it. Great route, quite runnable in places also rougher than expected. Its very different than UTMB, as the UTMB takes over the whole Cham valley, where this was happening in the background in Cortina, probably cause the race is quite new (at this distance anyway). Race starts very late on Friday night which is a pain but it means arriving at the Tre Cime di Lavaredo when the sun is coming out, which is cool. Last 30km are very tough with lots of up and downs; perfect for fell runners. The last decent to Cortina is excellent too. Only downside was after finishing there wasn't anywhere to sit out of the sun (it was 35 degrees ) and they only had Yakult, red bull or energy drink all that were warm!
    It was a great holiday and I'll definitely go back, also it's easy to get into as it didn't fill up this year.

Great to have the race DVD finally.

I keep saying it; both the TDS and the PTL look like fantastic events.

Still time to complete the full set.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.