Thread: Big Cat Diary

Big Cat Diary

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/9333764.Couple_left_shocked_by_big_cat_sighting_ne ar_Haslingden_reservoir/

W
    ent for my first training run in this area since reading this a couple of weeks ago. I run around that area quite regularly and have never seen anything, but have to admit that in the spooky fog yesterday I was constantly on the lookout for the mysterious big cat!

I've yet to pluck up courage to do a headtorcher in case it is still hungry, but I'll update you when I next venture down there!:w00t:

Re: Big Cat Diary

not in Lancashire but in miserden in the cotswolds i have seen a big cat. it jumped the whole width of the country road i was riding down on my motorbike about a mile away from my home. also when were kids we found big cat paw prints in one of our dens. its very secluded here so not to many humans to bother them. i have also found loads of sheep carcasses and animals that had clearly not been eaten by something small.
    dont know where im going, dont know where ive been, all im doing is running, running to have fun.

I once got into a conversation about snipers (?!) with someone I worked with and he was telling me about someone he'd met once whose job it was to catch or shoot escaped dangerous animals from zoos/safari parks/ill advised dangerous pets.
    Apparently, it's not uncommon for there to be escaped big cats and other animals out there - but generally are scared of people they are very rarely sighted or known about.

I don't know how true it was, the chap telling me was a seemingly sane colleague and it was completely convinced it was true - I am not sure!

Aye, it is interesting isn't it?

My night nav trainer saw one on Bleaklow a number of years ago doing the same route we were doing, nice.

Went for a headtorcher in the area last night - (it is my home run, but I havnt been down there since my last post in Nov - it makes me realise what a slob I've been for the last two months!!). No sign of any big cats - had the torch on full beam all the way round though. I'm not sure that I want to see it really - there's no chance I could outrun it!!

They have been seen all over Calderdale. I was sceptical until my father in law, a rational fella, said he's seen one on the old railway line in West Vale.

Hi Andy,next time you go on that run better take someone who's slower than you just in case. On second thoughts,might be easier to just change your route!
    gedoff yer horse an drink yer miilk

well... when I first got to Glossop I went out for a bit of night nav- was about 1130pm, going across Shire hill I noticed a couple of lights above me on the hill that I figured weren't meant to be there. After a couple of minutes of me jogging along the bottom, they came down the hill. 2 blokes, one dressed in Camo, the other in black adidas stuff, both with faces blacked out, carrying what can best be described as "sh1tty plastic torches".
    The big one goes "ooooh, best not to be out on a night like tonight".
    hmmmm. Ok, I mentioned that it was a glorious night, the moon was out, not a breath of wind in the air, quite delightful, to be honest. To be fair, I was dressed all in black, with a black rucksac, and a decent head torch.
    "nah... the Cougar is around tonight. The Park rangers just came up to tell us".

Riiiiiiiight. So the park rangers told a couple of local idiots dressed up in camo, playing soldiers on a hill that there is a cougar around and to inform anyone who happened to go on the hill that there is a dangerous cougar around and not to go in the hills. yes. I can see that.

Luckily, my brain intercepted the thought before I said that, and politely said. "ok, I'll bear that in mind, thanks chaps".
    Astonished that I wasn't heeding their "warning" they asked where I was going.
    "uh- just Bleaklow, maybe beyond".
    to which the response was "you're MENTAL mate".

Still haven't seen that damn cougar.
    Maybe I should be looking in the bars in Glossop instead of the hillside.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHell I will View Post
    Hi Andy,next time you go on that run better take someone who's slower than you just in case. On second thoughts,might be easier to just change your route!
    Just at present Steve I think it would be hard to find anybody who is slower!! (on the uphills at least!)