Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Training

Re: BG Training

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Have a good time Andy. I'll be following you on Monday ..... training plan for the next week is for a jog round 3Ps tomorrow (am resisting the temptation to run Blubberhouses 25) then up to Langdale on Monday for an easy belt round the Three Shires route, Langdale - Bowfell - Wasdale - Langdale on Tuesday, maybe leg 2 on Wednesday and then Honister - Wasdale - Leg 4 on Thursday.

I will probably rest on Friday
    It's a BG fest in them there hills! That's a good lot of training you two have got. I'm doing legs 1 and 2 on Tuesday.
    Geoff Clarke

A rest on Friday ?? Rest is for the week ha ha ha

Have a good un Martyn and you Geoff I bet your itching to go now !

Think I need to start training just to get that level of training!!! :wink:
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJGriff View Post
    Thanks Daz, any help more than welcome, will confirm attempt date.
    Cheers Martin
    I have just volunteered to support a mate of mine on his BG attempt on 23rd June
    I am now booked up til July!
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Have a good time Andy. I'll be following you on Monday ..... training plan for the next week is for a jog round 3Ps tomorrow (am resisting the temptation to run Blubberhouses 25) then up to Langdale on Monday for an easy belt round the Three Shires route, Langdale - Bowfell - Wasdale - Langdale on Tuesday, maybe leg 2 on Wednesday and then Honister - Wasdale - Leg 4 on Thursday.

I will probably rest on Friday
    Well, we managed the little plan above, but it wasn't straightforward. Three Shires on Monday was easy, thick clag on Swirl How and Wetside Edge made nav a bit tricky though. Tuesday started off OK, but clag came down around Esk Pike and stayed with us with intermittent snow .... the wind really got up while we were on Lord's Rake and it was a struggle to get on to Sca Fell summit, I crawled off literally on all-fours. Down to Wasdale for some respite, but of course we had to go back to Langdale ..... awful journey back over Styhead pass, straight into the wind and driving snow, my eyes really suffered, it was a relief to get to Rossett Ghyll out of the wind. Weds was brighter but the winds were still strong and increasing as we went up Clough Head, becoming violent by the time we reached the summit, windchill was -18c, I estimate gusts up to 80mph. We were halfway up to Great Dodd when I made the decision to turn back, we were struggling to put one foot in front of the other, slowly freezing and it would only have got worse by Helvellyn. I don't know if anyone else made it over leg 2 on Weds but if they did .... well [doffs cap]. By contrast, today was just gorgeous and we met Simon bright and breezy and went over to Wasdale on the Moses Trod and did Leg 4 and 5 in what were probably perfect conditions, hardly a breath of wind, clear skies and stunning scenery. Still lots of snow about though. And I still intend to rest tomorrow
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Martyn

I went for a boring old run around the Cheshire back roads on Wednesday... That was windy enough! You did well getting up Clough Head!

Hope the training is going well. Hope to bump into you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clewy View Post
    Martyn

I went for a boring old run around the Cheshire back roads on Wednesday... That was windy enough! You did well getting up Clough Head!

Hope the training is going well. Hope to bump into you soon.
    Well, we had to try ..... yes, hope to catch up with you soon, when are you next heading up there for training?

Here's a pic of the summit on Wednesday. No prizes for guessing wind direction!

Attachment 5978
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Well, we had to try ..... yes, hope to catch up with you soon, when are you next heading up there for training?

Here's a pic of the summit on Wednesday. No prizes for guessing wind direction!

Attachment 5978

I think me and Andy Gib are up for a trot round the Anni Waltz next Tuesday then I'm up for Coledale the following Saturday.

Got a few more long runs planned before I go in June.

What date is your round?

Quote Originally Posted by Clewy View Post
    I think me and Andy Gib are up for a trot round the Anni Waltz next Tuesday then I'm up for Coledale the following Saturday.

Got a few more long runs planned before I go in June.

What date is your round?
    8th June. Will try to catch up with you for a long one before I start tapering down. Enjoy your run out next Tuesday, you could always employ Dave A's tactic of dropping into the Slate Mine for a cuppa and chunk of Mars Bar cake enroute - adds an hour and some useful altitude
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Had 8 hours in the chucking rain on Monday. Was a good run though and felt pretty much ok at the end, slight niggle in my left knee, but I think with a bit of rest it shouldn't be an issue. One big run left now and 16 days to count down...
    Geoff Clarke